Aeropelican YPEC

aviator49

I just love flying into this little gem of an airport. Approaching RWY 07, downwind, base, final. May also be known as Lake Macquarie airport. Anyone live up that way?

I am trying out a new screen capture software "bandicam". Fisrt try and it appears ok.

Enjoy

Regards

Sam

Prepar3D 2020-06-19 23-31-57-029.jpg

Prepar3D 2020-06-19 23-24-59-181.jpg

Prepar3D 2020-06-19 23-25-14-337.jpg

Prepar3D 2020-06-19 23-26-46-087.jpg

Prepar3D 2020-06-19 23-28-20-233.jpg

Nice shots.

I've driven past the airport a few times in the past couple of weeks (and months) going between Swansea and Newcastle. (Actually went to the little Naru beach and the boat ramp near the start of R07) 

Sky diving had stopped and the normally active sky diving aircraft was tied down at the point in your first shot for months. As you are aware, there are more hangers at the airport than is depicted in the scenery. Westpac rescue helicopters are now based there in a large hanger along with Matt Hall racing. Normally, an active little airport to watch arrivals and departures.

I enjoy doing circuits there in the sim.

Aussie 

Hello All,

Thank you for your thoughts. Great stuff Aussie123. I will get up there one day and see for myself. May even get a chance to fly in. Thanks for the information and an awesome description of the actual airport. Much appreciated.

Regards

Sam

Archived