Approaching Anchorage

VH-KDK

19 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Fantastic weather and views from your next holiday tour, Martyn.

Funny you should say that Gerold, I was doing a little bit of looking just yesterday and Alaska is on the itinerary.;)

8 hours ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Did you hear Martyn?   Anchorage may not be here next year if a big chunk breaks off Alaska like they are expecting - to send a sunami out that could wipe out the city!  Was on the news here a couple of nights ago. :o 

News for me John, I hope it never happens of course but thanks for the warning.

https://www.ecowatch.com/alaska-tsunami-threat-2646006013.html?rebelltitem=2#rebelltitem2

A saw a programme many years ago about one of the Azores Islands that had a huge fault in it that could trigger a big tsunami if it slid into the sea!

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/253278980_Tsunami_hazard_assessment_for_the_Azores_archipelago_a_historical_review

ALong with the ticking time bomb volcanoes in the western USA maybe best not to think about these things too much. 

If it happens, it happens!:D

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Funny you should say that Gerold, I was doing a little bit of looking just yesterday and Alaska is on the itinerary.;)

That is exactly what I am doing, Martyn. My destination of desire also starts with A, but it is not Alaska. Now it is up to you to guess...

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

That is exactly what I am doing, Martyn. My destination of desire also starts with A, but it is not Alaska. Now it is up to you to guess...

Accrington or Africa!:unsure:

17 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Come on, mate:D. You know me and my passion, and you live in that V!

If it was a dog it would have bitten me.

Don't forget that when you are in V you have to come up to M!:lol:

13 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

If it was a dog it would have bitten me.

Don't forget that when you are in V you have to come up to M!:lol:

That dog does not bite, it just needs a drink.

For the time being I do not come closer to V than by using the V key, but your M seems to be nearly halfway between the big M and Halls Gap... :rolleyes:

Archived