Should I install V5 or wait a few weeks more

At this moment I am rather comfortable with V4.5.

In the meantime I read some issues with V5.

So, I am anxious to install V5 atthis moment

I have the feeling to wait for some time.

Is there an advise how to get on?

Stay safe deer simmers!

Wil

Hello Wil, I have v5 installed from day 1 and not had a drama yet, most complains that echo in the community are from users hacking incompatible add-ons into v5, apart from the issues that LM seemed to have rectified with the hotfix, i can say it`s stable and gives immense satisfaction having P3d on DX12, But you must tune it accordingly to your hardware. I have both v4.5 and v5 running on the same rig on separate drives, main reason is it makes it so easy to transfer Orbx scenery over to v5 as it comes online.

Like all releases it`s a waiting game for other developers to bring aircraft and airports up to date. But i have no hesitations recommending it to you.

regards Rick

I would also recommend to go ahead, though keep 4.5 on your computer, if you can for a while yet until your favorite weather and planes are available (later this month I suspect). In any case, v5 is looking amazing now, though it would be advisable to have a strong graphics card with sufficient memory (I am considering upgrading my computer that has a 5-year old GTX 980).  Getting everything running takes time, and should a new v5 hotfix arrive, it will be fairly simple to upgrade from the current v5.

10 minutes ago, rick66 said:

Hello Wil, I have v5 installed from day 1 and not had a drama yet, most complains that echo in the community are from users hacking incompatible add-ons into v5, apart from the issues that LM seemed to have rectified with the hotfix, i can say it`s stable and gives immense satisfaction having P3d on DX12, But you must tune it accordingly to your hardware. I have both v4.5 and v5 running on the same rig on separate drives, main reason is it makes it so easy to transfer Orbx scenery over to v5 as it comes online.

Like all releases it`s a waiting game for other developers to bring aircraft and airports up to date. But i have no hesitations recommending it to you.

regards Rick

What he said!

3 hours ago, Euphonist said:

At this moment I am rather comfortable with V4.5.

In the meantime I read some issues with V5.

So, I am anxious to install V5 atthis moment

I have the feeling to wait for some time.

Is there an advise how to get on?

Stay safe deer simmers!

Wil

Go for it as I have not gone back to v4 with the increase in frame rates.

I have to acknowledge there is not a lot of support for it but if you are happy with the standard ac and Orbx you wont look back . They have done a hotfix since rlease and irned out a lot of the bugs and I am very pleased.

I also run V5 next to V4.5 but haven't installed everything yet. Just a few Orbx regions, airfields and some planes with key features (dll's), mainly from Carenado to see if it works well.

But I haven't touched V4.5 since I installed V5. :)

3 hours ago, rick66 said:

regards Rick

I agree

Greg

Ok, that's great and very helpful.

Tomorrow I go for it. As far as I see you are all positive.

BTW I am running on an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor with a AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT GPU.

I also use Active Sky, but as far as I understand active weather is now built in with the Simul trueSky Integration.

Thanks to all of you.

12 hours ago, Euphonist said:

Aha, thanks Nick!

From Nick: Quote- Other weather software is available.  please don`t waste your time because they do not compensate for the upper wind bug that still exists that will give excessive fuel burns with huge ground speeds. Best to wait until Active Sky quash this bug that was a previous bug in P3dv3.

I am on hold....reading from the forums there could be another hotfix soon.  Besides Majestic, FSLabs, PMDG, Leonardo, Activesky do not have installers ready for P3Dv5.  I just don't feel the compulsion to buy a new sim when all my addons are not ready.

• 2 weeks later...

This week I installed Prepar3D v5 and I must say that I am very satisfied. So far, everything runs great!

Below 2 pictures to see the differences:

V4:

Phoenix-Prepar3Dv4.thumb.jpg.4b95c321d690565ffb6236ce3a758000.jpg

V5:

Phoenix-Prepar3Dv5.thumb.jpg.ec4f2da66f054467bc8fa7e269d15f6b.jpg

Have a nice flight,

Wil

Archived