P3D v5 - Sekiu

Dario

In each new flight, I get more impressed with how well Orbx sceneries look in P3D v5. They really shine. P3D V5 breathes new life into sceneries we have been flying (and loving) for a long time. 

jkGowN2.jpg

LL4Hw4S.jpg

PfJTiQI.jpg

vKCP9m6.jpg

aS5jkQ5.jpg

YdOVwNs.jpg

P2JwZp6.jpg

Loverley images Dario especially the second last.

I like the background and the house with the lights on.

I don't say it often as I like where I live but to reside there would be nice!

I am very impressed with V5 as well but again you would expect it to be that way.

13 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

I am very impressed with V5 as well but again you would expect it to be that way.

+1 - :):)

10 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thank you very much! I would also love to live there (if possible, in that house) :) 

10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Oh man, I love the lights in the house, awesome shots Dario!

Thank you very much, Jack! Aren’t they lovely? I don’t remember seeing these house’s lights on in V4.

10 hours ago, BradB said:

+1 - :):)

Thank you very much, Brad! :) 

9 hours ago, schtroumf said:

The reflection of the sunset at sea is superb:o

It’s indeed amazing. I am impressed with the visual enhancements in V5.

9 hours ago, Breeze said:

These are nice Dario.  I just can't seem to get there.  Great shots!

Thank you very much! 

9 hours ago, Joel A said:

Great shots

Thank you very much! 

8 hours ago, adambar said:

Superb set of shots Dario! :)

Thank you very much, Adam! :) 

2 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand shots these Dario.

cheers

Iain

Thank you very much indeed, Iain! Regards, Dario

1 hour ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

Another superb collection of shots, Dario.

You seem to have low light images perfected!

Thank you very much, Eberhard. Those sims are doing it well, and I love the “golden hour” and the “blue hour”. :) 

59 minutes ago, BrianV said:

Wonderful captures, P3Dv5 has brought a whole new light to favorite places such as Sekiu and Washington State.

Thank you very much, Brian! Totally agreed, the improvements are clear and amazing.

21 hours ago, Dario said:

P3D V5 breathes new life into sceneries we have been flying (and loving) for a long time.

I experience exactly the same. Everything so more true to life. Not only the sky but also the ground textures.

These are really stunning Dario!

Dario I must say your screen shots are making me reconsider and jump onto P3DV5 bandwagon! I thought  I was happy with V4 but this is another level. If possible, can you let me know if whether you are witnessing crisper textures in V5 than V4 or is it just an illusion or just great atmospherics? Non-crisp textures in 2020 are definitely a deal breaker for me......

3 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

I experience exactly the same. Everything so more true to life. Not only the sky but also the ground textures.

These are really stunning Dario!

Thank you very much! :) The Sky In v5 is really stunning. 

1 hour ago, Ams said:

Dario I must say your screen shots are making me reconsider and jump onto P3DV5 bandwagon! I thought  I was happy with V4 but this is another level. If possible, can you let me know if whether you are witnessing crisper textures in V5 than V4 or is it just an illusion or just great atmospherics? Non-crisp textures in 2020 are definitely a deal breaker for me......

Ams, I think the best option right now is to have both v4 and v5 installed in your PC, if you have enough space for it.

The atmospheric effects are really amazing, I like the sky  colors, the clouds, etc. They really make a difference and make everything feel more real. 
I can’t say that the ground textures are better or crisper. However, you can turn some sliders to the right because v5 has better FPS on many machines. In my case, the FPS doubled.

I need also to say that this sky I am using is Beta, it’s still a work in progress. When I use it, I don’t have for example shadows from clouds on the ground. 
I have been experiencing some minor problems, some flickering, and also my favourite planes (A2A and PMDG are still not able to run in V5. 

My advice would be:upgrade if you can have both. If not, wait until it is working better than now. 
PS: I didn’t have enough space for both, so I completely abandoned v4. But I am ok with that, I knew many things would not work. Besides that, I also use XP11, 

Hope my advice helps you to decide On what’s better for you. :) 

The first of the single engine commanders and I had similar problems - power to weight ratio needed help.  Turbocharging and a bigger engine did the trick.  Your shots of the glorious PNW are, as always, exceeding requirements :)

17 hours ago, Dario said:

Thank you very much! :) The Sky In v5 is really stunning. 

Ams, I think the best option right now is to have both v4 and v5 installed in your PC, if you have enough space for it.

The atmospheric effects are really amazing, I like the sky  colors, the clouds, etc. They really make a difference and make everything feel more real. 
I can’t say that the ground textures are better or crisper. However, you can turn some sliders to the right because v5 has better FPS on many machines. In my case, the FPS doubled.

I need also to say that this sky I am using is Beta, it’s still a work in progress. When I use it, I don’t have for example shadows from clouds on the ground. 
I have been experiencing some minor problems, some flickering, and also my favourite planes (A2A and PMDG are still not able to run in V5. 

My advice would be:upgrade if you can have both. If not, wait until it is working better than now. 
PS: I didn’t have enough space for both, so I completely abandoned v4. But I am ok with that, I knew many things would not work. Besides that, I also use XP11, 

Hope my advice helps you to decide On what’s better for you. :) 

Thanks Dario, your insights definitely help making an informed decision. Like you even I do not mind having just p3d v5 installation alone as I too am running out of space. The only bummer for me keep setting up sceneries which is a real pain. I read the release notes on LM for p3d 5 hf1  and it was stated by them if possible to do a clean install all over again for better results. Now imagine if I would have set up before hf1, and then setup again after hf1 would have been a real pain. How was your experience setting up from scratch? Did you also go thru the hassles? Thanks again for taking the timeout for your reply.

35 minutes ago, Ams said:

Thanks Dario, your insights definitely help making an informed decision. Like you even I do not mind having just p3d v5 installation alone as I too am running out of space. The only bummer for me keep setting up sceneries which is a real pain. I read the release notes on LM for p3d 5 hf1  and it was stated by them if possible to do a clean install all over again for better results. Now imagine if I would have set up before hf1, and then setup again after hf1 would have been a real pain. How was your experience setting up from scratch? Did you also go thru the hassles? Thanks again for taking the timeout for your reply.

Hi Ams,

What I did is installing everything from scratch. I installed P3D v5, then ran Orbx Central to install all sceneries, then installed some compatible aircraft. I needed to update Chase Plane (easy with Orbx central). There might be easier of faster ways of doing this, maybe other colleagues at the forum could give better pieces of advice. In my case, that was it... :) 

By the way, what are LM and hf1? 

Best regards,
Dario

1 hour ago, Dario said:

Hi Ams,

What I did is installing everything from scratch. I installed P3D v5, then ran Orbx Central to install all sceneries, then installed some compatible aircraft. I needed to update Chase Plane (easy with Orbx central). There might be easier of faster ways of doing this, maybe other colleagues at the forum could give better pieces of advice. In my case, that was it... :) 

By the way, what are LM and hf1? 

Best regards,
Dario

what are LM and hf1?

Lockheed Martin hot fix 1 :)

Ouch...thats quiet a lengthy process...also assuming if you had p3dv4 then you also had to uninstall everything. But a clean fresh install is definitely the way to go if smooth performance is needed. Hope you are enjoying p3d v5. Thanks

20 minutes ago, Ams said:

what are LM and hf1?

Lockheed Martin hot fix 1 :)

Ouch...thats quiet a lengthy process...also assuming if you had p3dv4 then you also had to uninstall everything. But a clean fresh install is definitely the way to go if smooth performance is needed. Hope you are enjoying p3d v5. Thanks

I ran the latest installer, so I think this hot fix was (should be) already included. 

Yes, it involves some work, but in my case I can say I am really happy with the results, even if not anything is working perfectly and some addons still don’t work. For me, the increase in visual realism and the big frame rate gain make my flights much more enjoyable, and I am happy with my decision. 

Archived