NRM Invermere to Golden, BC. Test flight

flyingleaf

So we decided to add a new plane to the hangar of the Mule Team and chose the Carenado Beechcraft D18S. Looks like a tough bird and can haul a lotta goodies.I always wanted to fly the entire length of the Columbia river. Invermere in BC's Rocky Mountains is about the closet airport I know of for the start. Before we go on this adventure I thought we'd better do a test "drive". My fellow pilots be forewarned there is an extremely powerful nose magnet at golden. Yeah I've never heard of that neither don't laugh:angry:. Well here we go. "Got the beers tied down all safe and sound T?" Iheard: "Yup U bet that case is right under my feet:P:rolleyes:UAIkH42.jpg Nice take off. She handles lovely:wub: 3Vt4gWz.jpgNice golf course.pCNtog7.jpgHere is the "young" Columbia River.nRLfQHs.jpgLovely old school instrument panel. T-Bone says:"Yeah makes my feel young. Y'all ready for a beer Cap'n?" "Sure T":PB):DphtjNJG.jpg "Man, we sure gotta do some remodeling before we git back to Alaska. Can y'all jist see what Bubba is gonna do to that fancy interior?"" Yeah like dropping his z-gar on them leather seats":unsure:7YydWK3.jpgAh the beautiful NRM:)Vlx6Eja.jpgGolden is appearing ahead.aL3FEbi.jpgOK T legs are downYw2hfeq.jpg"Looking good T. Watch my speed and hang on to them beers"KShjQnd.jpgAw T did y'all feel that strong nose pull?E2GbUWb.jpgI told you guys but you probably didn't wanna believe me when I warned you about that nose magnet:angry::rolleyes:. But now you see it for yerself don't you?6l4bfI0.jpg Anyway we're on our way back to Invermere (sadly on the back of a flat deck Semi :unsure::'(:P:D). Thanks for coming along and thanks for making fun of us once again:angry::D. But for real the next one is all the way to Astoria, OR. Love the plane but Milton's sound of his free D18 model is way better. Cheers for now stay safe and God bless you All.:) Apart but together. Cheers k

Fancy giving you lot a sophisticated plane like that. I knew it would end in tears, not the watery kind but the tears your props made in the tarmac!

All you needed was the "human" (is she human?) ballast in the tail of the plane aka Hilda.

Great story and images Karl, better luck next time.

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

Fancy giving you lot a sophisticated plane like that. I knew it would end in tears, not the watery kind but the tears your props made in the tarmac!

All you needed was the "human" (is she human?) ballast in the tail of the plane aka Hilda.

Not sure about the Hilda deal, probably never get off the ground and get sued on top of it for destroying the runway. :D

6 hours ago, adambar said:

No need to warn me Karl I believed you. :D  probably won't have to many passengers, so I guess you and your crew will have to drink the beer, what a streak of bad luck. :D

Good point Adam. We have a saying at the Mule Team: If it weren't for bad luck, we wouldn't have any luck at all. Cheers:P:D

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Huh? Here I thought we's sfiticated not that plane. Y'all got a good point about Hilda. Sadly she don't fit through the door:rolleyes::D:lol:.

Archived