XPlane 11.50 b2 ... a few test shots

renault

Well, I confess, I succumbed and tried an  updated XPlane  11.50b2 Vulkan

Totally different sim now with so many things fixed from the first beta.

Yes, I've done a few changes , because I'm not evaluating the beta for bugs, and because it is a beta, I expect they will be different with b3, so its irrelevant , but the one thing that stands out for me is something I never expected to see.

I have scenery objects set to Maximum and my fps is locked at 30  in NVCP in adaptive vsync at 1/2 monitor refresh rate and you will notice (first time I've left the fps counter on in a screenshot) that the frame rate is constant in the British countryside and the same coming out of EGLC & flying over central London. Just silky smooth :) 

Oh and as an added little bonus, they've significantly improved both reflections and the water rendering:)

Cheers

Renault

Sorry Ian - I apologize, There is no Orbx scenery visible here in the following 2 screenshots, but I just wanted to show the internal shadow quality that can be obtained now

tCbq3hH.jpg

ggyhOw0.jpg

k7N3A7y.jpg

L7d7baX.jpg

EI9H13G.jpg

eCIoGy8.jpg

yflx1RN.jpg

3Lg3Xbk.jpg

25 minutes ago, BradB said:

These look great Pete , I am waiting for the SLI fix for Vulcan . :(

Thanks John

First of all I am really glad you're back . Very pleased indeed:)

Have a look here at Laminar's website (most reliable place for info I've found). Comment from Sidney , the Vulkan lad, " Users with multiple GPUs and SLI should be able to launch without disabling things". Might be worth a try. :)

https://developer.x-plane.com/2020/04/x-plane-11-50-beta-2-bug-fixes/

1 hour ago, renault said:

Well, I confess, I succumbed and tried an  updated XPlane  11.50b2 Vulkan

Totally different sim now with so many things fixed from the first beta.

Yes, I've done a few changes , because I'm not evaluating the beta for bugs, and because it is a beta, I expect they will be different with b3, so its irrelevant , but the one thing that stands out for me is something I never expected to see.

I have scenery objects set to Maximum and my fps is locked at 30  in NVCP in adaptive vsync at 1/2 monitor refresh rate and you will notice (first time I've left the fps counter on in a screenshot) that the frame rate is constant in the British countryside and the same coming out of EGLC & flying over central London. Just silky smooth :) 

Oh and as an added little bonus, they've significantly improved both reflections and the water rendering:)

Cheers

Renault

Sorry Ian - I apologize, There is no Orbx scenery visible here in the following 2 screenshots, but I just wanted to show the internal shadow quality that can be obtained now

tCbq3hH.jpg

ggyhOw0.jpg

k7N3A7y.jpg

L7d7baX.jpg

EI9H13G.jpg

eCIoGy8.jpg

yflx1RN.jpg

3Lg3Xbk.jpg

Default shaders?

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Looks fine to me but I have several important things that are not ready so I’m sitting this one out.  I could never use the sim with the default planes.

Thanks Jack. I completely understand where you are coming from.

Some developers may have a lot of work to do to bring their products into the new process

Cheers

Pete

4 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Your enthusiasm is catching - looking forward to the final release.

Thanks. 

As am I :)

4 hours ago, schtroumf said:

Superb sharpnessB)

Thank you. Pleased you enjoyed it.

Cheers 

Pete

3 hours ago, JoseCFII said:

Default shaders?

3 hours ago, phil white said:

The edges of the shadows look smooth, is it default or is there a Lua script that works with 11.50 ??

Sorry guys, 

"Yes, I've done a few changes , because I'm not evaluating the beta for bugs, and because it is a beta, I expect they will be different with b3, so its irrelevant  .... "

I am showing screenshots of Orbx scenery and demonstrating that even at an early beta stage, the Vulkan upgrade has very good smoothness and is very capable of a high level of graphical fidelity with Orbx TE scenery. 

I believe very strongly in the purpose behind Laminar's beta process and do not want to corrupt it for any reason.  However I also think its important for my fellow Orbx collegues to show that it works very nicely with Orbx TE scenery even at an early stage both from an operational and visual fidelity perspective. And for those who "follow" what I post here you will know that I strive to give the best possible graphics I can in my screenshot postings.

Once the Laminar beta is over and the product is officially released I will be very happy to share as I have done in the past here in the Tips & techniques section.

Cheers

R

3 hours ago, phil white said:

Can we also see a screen shot of your XP graphics settings as well please.

Visual effects - High (HDR)                                               Number of World Objects - Maximum

Texture Quality - High                                                        Reflection Detail - low

Antialiasing - 8xSSAA+FXAA                                            Draw parked aircraft - checked

Draw Shadows on Scenery - checked                              Use Vulkan driver for faster rendering - checked

Lateral field of view - 90 degrees

2 hours ago, Luquinhas said:

I am waiting for beta3, they said yesterday it would be out within 24 hours, nothing here yet, how about for you guys ?

I have absolutely no idea

Cheers

R

3 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Great set of shots.

How did you get hold of it?

TTM

Hi TTM

Full instructions at xplane-org. Important that you put this in a completely separate directory, away from your existing XPlane product as you do not want 

to mess up your existing installation.

I then copied the installer over into the new directory, & ran it. In the bottom left of the installer, there is a checkbox which will allow you to receive beta's

Cheers

10 hours ago, renault said:

Thanks Jack. I completely understand where you are coming from.

Some developers may have a lot of work to do to bring their products into the new process

Cheers

Pete

Thanks. 

As am I :)

Thank you. Pleased you enjoyed it.

Cheers 

Pete

Sorry guys, 

"Yes, I've done a few changes , because I'm not evaluating the beta for bugs, and because it is a beta, I expect they will be different with b3, so its irrelevant  .... "

I am showing screenshots of Orbx scenery and demonstrating that even at an early beta stage, the Vulkan upgrade has very good smoothness and is very capable of a high level of graphical fidelity with Orbx TE scenery. 

I believe very strongly in the purpose behind Laminar's beta process and do not want to corrupt it for any reason.  However I also think its important for my fellow Orbx collegues to show that it works very nicely with Orbx TE scenery even at an early stage both from an operational and visual fidelity perspective. And for those who "follow" what I post here you will know that I strive to give the best possible graphics I can in my screenshot postings.

Once the Laminar beta is over and the product is officially released I will be very happy to share as I have done in the past here in the Tips & techniques section.

Cheers

R

Visual effects - High (HDR)                                               Number of World Objects - Maximum

Texture Quality - High                                                        Reflection Detail - low

Antialiasing - 8xSSAA+FXAA                                            Draw parked aircraft - checked

Draw Shadows on Scenery - checked                              Use Vulkan driver for faster rendering - checked

Lateral field of view - 90 degrees

I have absolutely no idea

Cheers

R

Hi TTM

Full instructions at xplane-org. Important that you put this in a completely separate directory, away from your existing XPlane product as you do not want 

to mess up your existing installation.

I then copied the installer over into the new directory, & ran it. In the bottom left of the installer, there is a checkbox which will allow you to receive beta's

Cheers

You should try reflections. They are stunning. Game changer for me. Night approach by a river with max reflections (say Glasgow). 

Many thanks for all your info and hard work to explain this to us, Pete. It's really appreciated. Like John and Jack, I for now wait until most of the add-ons have been upgraded to handle v 5. XVision, I have learned from their website, seems to have great difficulties with their existing shaders, as v5 is a completely new ball game. Well, we'll see. At the moment I'm still very happy with v4.5

Archived