Inspired by Martyn and Calum.

olderndirt

Glasgow never got the attention that Edinburgh did.  The largest, most industrial city in Scotland always came in second best.  When I lived there, Edinburgh was certainly prettier but Glasgow, like Paris, got out the big sand blasters and cleaned off decades of grime and is now up there with the finest.

Always late.

glas2.png

'Yon bonny banks'.

glas3.png

Looking west - Isle of Arran on the left.

glas4.png

Another 'Dumbarton Rock' for Calum's collection.

glas5.png

2 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Glasgow never got the attention that Edinburgh did.  The largest, most industrial city in Scotland always came in second best.

I completely agree with your sentiments OND.  Edinburgh has always been easier on the eye and is steeped in history but Glasgow has really cleaned up its act over the last few decades.

These are brilliant!!  The second shot at dusk looking north over the town of Balloch (this is where i live) with Loch Lomond behind is absolutely superb!!  Cheers,

Calum

4 hours ago, Caluma65 said:

I completely agree with your sentiments OND.  Edinburgh has always been easier on the eye and is steeped in history but Glasgow has really cleaned up its act over the last few decades.

These are brilliant!!  The second shot at dusk looking north over the town of Balloch (this is where i live) with Loch Lomond behind is absolutely superb!!  Cheers,

Calum

Wife and I were there in '97 - caught a ride around the Loch accompanied by a couple of seagulls.

11 hours ago, adambar said:

Not that it matters, but my grandfather came to the US from Scotland when he was 13 and the other one from Belgium, so i'm not quite sure what i am, not that that matters either. :unsure::D

Beautiful screenies OND! :)

Depending on your age, I could be about your Scottish gamp's age.  I came over at 14.

Archived