An Avro over England

bvdboomen

I disabled my TE GBS in favor of FTX England. The reason is, that I fly low and slow most of the time and the TE GBS's resolution is not suitable for me in that case.

Will I ever return to TE GBS? Who knows but fortunately ORBX also has made the wonderful FTX England which I'm very enthusiastic about at the moment. It perfectly fits my type of flying.

And Buildings HD makes it even better. I surely will mis the autogen and 3dm buildings of TE GBS but Buildings HD is a good alternative.

1. Ready for take-off at Exeter.

1.jpg

2. Flying in the beautiful country near Dartmoor National Park.

2.jpg

3. As long as vector element aren't cutting through the landscape, it really is photo-like.

3.jpg

4. Heading for Plymouth.

4.jpg

5. Circling around the city.

5.jpg

6. Downwind runway 31. According to Google Earth, the airfield is no longer in use? (crosses on the runways).

6.jpg

Cheers,

Ben.

Jack and Iain, many thanks.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

What are our settings?  Using PTA or anything like that?

My settings in P3D are pretty much all sliders tot the right and all shadows ticked on. Also HDR is active with brightness on 1.14, bloom 0.2 (I believe) and saturation default.

I use Tomato Shade with the R&D preset version 1.8 and turned off the reflection shaders in that preset.

Cheers,

Ben.

3 minutes ago, bvdboomen said:

Jack and Iain, many thanks.

My settings in P3D are pretty much all sliders tot the right and all shadows ticked on. Also HDR is active with brightness on 1.14, bloom 0.2 (I believe) and saturation default.

I use Tomato Shade with the R&D preset version 1.8 and turned off the reflection shaders in that preset.

Cheers,

Ben.

Thanks Ben.  I’m gonna try your P3D settings but I don’t use tomato.

6 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

As long as vector element aren't cutting through the landscape, it really is photo-like.

Lovely shots here, Ben. Your comment about vector sums up my feelings about P3D at the moment though. Lots of stuff I really like about the vibe in P3D (the skies, clouds, water etc) but the roads and the randomness of the tiles drives me crazy now that I'm comfortable with XP.  And TE in P3D just kills my system, but XP flies like a dream. Maybe after my next h/w upgrade I'll be able to enjoy P3D again with TE.

Some great screenshots there!!!

I have the full set of TEGB in XP11 and, like you, have retained the FTX versions for P3D. I think it's the best of both worlds. FTX ENG has seasons - and summer is particularly attractive. With good autogen (and HD buildings), it's a visual treat!

Adam.

The thing about the TE sceneries - they look more like the map but you're right, low and slow is not their forte.  The magic altitude seems to be around three thousand and laterally , don't get too close.  I stay back and use the 'zoom' so you can get in there without losing too much detail.

Thanks guys! Nice to see that there are more who prefer FTX.

Not that TE as a technologie is bad but simply the resolution of TEGB in particular and the not too perfect alignment of airfields doesn't do it for me.

Look at TENL for instance. That is just perfect and that's not because I'm Dutch. :) You can go as low as 1500 feet in The Netherlands because the PR is HD. The airfields match the PR really nice too.

Archived