This is nice in Southampton.

Jack Sawyer

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A glorious set of one of the places I have lived in England Jack.

I never thought we would see so much detail in a sim but here it is!

The stadium is The Rose Bowl Cricket Ground, which also holds music concerts.

Thanks Martyn, more new stuff I never knew.

5 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

The Rose bowl is now called the Aegis bowl but still does the same with cricket and concerts. Plus Jack the Eastleigh Train works are nothing now to what it used to be, but that’s the way it is now. Derek.

Thanks Derek, well that’s fine about the trains, I like them in the sim.  Why are they nothing like they used to be?

2 hours ago, F737NG said:

Nice shots Jack.
The last one puts things into perspective!

The Portsmouth / Southampton area in TE GB plus Orbx's EGHI is arguably the best part in TE GB South, even ahead of London.
So much to see!

Thanks!  I was very impressed by the new scenery.

Hi Jack sorry I did not get back to you. What I meant was that the yard used to be a major repair yard for all the trains in the country. Mean there were others but not as big as the Eastleigh repair yard, but that is going back quite a few years now. Derek.

11 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi Jack sorry I did not get back to you. What I meant was that the yard used to be a major repair yard for all the trains in the country. Mean there were others but not as big as the Eastleigh repair yard, but that is going back quite a few years now. Derek.

That’s too bad, I love trains and I know a lot of Brits do too.

14 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

The Rose bowl is now called the Aegis bowl but still does the same with cricket and concerts. Plus Jack the Eastleigh Train works are nothing now to what it used to be, but that’s the way it is now. Derek.

My hate for sponsored stadium names  Derek. :lol:

One of my last trips out before I came to Oz in 1981 was an open day at the Eastleigh train works. SO much has obviously changed since then.

2 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

Go back further Derek and the number of steam locomotives they built including my favourite Merchant Navy Class.

It is also interesting to see how they helped with the war effort too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastleigh_Works

Archived