Merry Milviz Orbx

greybeard

It's great to see the ubiquitous Victa for sale again on Orbx ---- as well as others from Milviz as mooted a couple of weeks ago

(JV in his interview with PC Pilot issue 125 - It was mentioned that a Spitfire was on the cards - and photos were shown

My Visa awaits - because it looks heaps better than what is currently on offer)

The Victa is a famous aircraft to older Australians - and many RAAF pilots who trained in one before the days of jet trainers

Its name comes from the name of the Manufacturer - who are more famous for the Victa Lawn mower

25 minutes ago, greybeard said:

Well shake the moths from the credit card my friend because it is listed as being

available from ORBX direct!

Kevin

I don't know about the moths - but you had better send me your reading glasses prescription

which must be better than mine - because - after I read your suggestion -I went straight to O /direct 

and aircraft under P3D in central - and no Spitfire !!!

BTW  - 5 out by lunch!!!

42 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

BTW  - 5 out by lunch!!!

Hey that's below the belt! Yes John I do apologise I was thinking of the Avenger.

The Milviz listings are under "Partners' by the way. You won't get me rising to the bait

about the cricket, there is nothing on the hook. I have just spent a couple of weeks in

your neck of the woods after spending 8 hrs driving up and down dodging bush fires

on the central and north NSW coast. 6 days R&R on the Gold Coast before flying home

was rather good. It is just so sad to see and very upsetting when you see it first hand.

Kevin 

38 minutes ago, greybeard said:

Hey that's below the belt! Yes John I do apologise I was thinking of the Avenger.

The Milviz listings are under "Partners' by the way. You won't get me rising to the bait

about the cricket, there is nothing on the hook. I have just spent a couple of weeks in

your neck of the woods after spending 8 hrs driving up and down dodging bush fires

on the central and north NSW coast. 6 days R&R on the Gold Coast before flying home

was rather good. It is just so sad to see and very upsetting when you see it first hand.

Kevin 

Well - Well - I'm so glad I like Kiwis and flying up and down the shakies.

I used to have 3 factories over there and did quite a bit of G.A.in hire A/c

Can I say a million thanks for what you guys did with those New South Wales fires -

especially if you were near the ones around Lismore and Grafton - where my daughter lives

Did I see you on the Telly??

Now that you have tasted Our GC life - get onto Central and get the GC cityscape and the airport

P.S. 7 for 235

Annotation 2019-11-14 161229.jpg

Annotation 2019-12-24 131548.jpg

5 hours ago, greybeard said:

Hi John, yes I have all Aussie scenery. That was our 10th time on the 

Gold Coast. Tiger for punishment I know B)

Kevin

Now that you have gone home - The Yanks and Kanaks have arrived in plane loads

Hold that Tiger - 5/55 - and speaking of Tigers -

1554222937_Annotation2019-11-14162943.thumb.jpg.87fed38c6a2c8c1cf3ba66a186bc4de4.jpg

Tiger - Tiger - burning bright - in the forest of the big trees - (apologies to Rudyard)

I think this is an excellent move, leverage the market muscle and centralized facilities of ORBX.  

After spending the last few days going thru 347 airports from 45 different vendors and determining which are P3D V4 compatible (and getting updates) ... surprisingly 326 of 347 were updated to V4 ... reducing the number of websites I have to hit is a benefit.

Cheers, Rob.

16 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Tiger - Tiger - burning bright - in the forest of the big trees - (apologies to Rudyard)

Actually, apologies to William Blake!

"

Tyger Tyger, burning bright, 
In the forests of the night; 
What immortal hand or eye, 
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?"

2 hours ago, tigermothpilot said:

Actually, apologies to William Blake!

"

Tyger Tyger, burning bright, 
In the forests of the night; 
What immortal hand or eye, 
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?"

It was meant as a cricket joke to be shared with my Kiwi mate

-not a reason to be used as an intellectual  lesson in poetry!

I am fully aware of the whole poem you so kindly passed on 

- having been the Patrol Leader of "Tiger Patrol" in my youth

- and It should have been written by Kipling

18 hours ago, musterpilot said:

central has it greyed out even though I own it it is not compatible for p3dv4.5:(

John

@MP --- you are correct - I apologise!

I must have had the Steam SFX page on at that time

It is not on P3D page - It used to be months ago but when I went to buy it

Central 3 said I already had it - and a subsequent forum query said it was no longer for sale

Maybe - Orbx has pulled it out from the filing cabinet - but it will have to wait as far as I am concerned

I spent to much of my pension on the Xmas -NY sale

5 hours ago, John Heaton said:

-not a reason to be used as an intellectual  lesson in poetry!

I am fully aware of the whole poem you so kindly passed on 

- having been the Patrol Leader of "Tiger Patrol" in my youth

And, my reply was intended as a light-hearted response, sorry if I offended you.

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 1:41 PM, tigermothpilot said:

And, my reply was intended as a light-hearted response, sorry if I offended you.

No worries TMP mate about such a tiny thing - at the time -

I was too worried about what I was about to learn in my eye tests today.

And all after my spending a mint on Orbx and new A/c this year and a cop upgrade.

I assume that you too  -  are a proud owner of the latest Ant Tiger Moth.:)

First of all, I hope your eyes are sorted, or can be sorted. It's times like these we can be grateful for Medicare. Secondly, yes, I am a proud owner of Ant's Tiger Moth Pro, and I had the privilege of being a Beta Tester and advisor on the freeware version. The Pro is a masterpiece. I was fortunate, at the age of 40, to have been successful in talking the CFI at Royal Newcastle Aero Club into allowing me to learn to fly ab initio on their Tiger, VH-RNI, which I did, going solo after 7.75 hrs. 

I then was a part-owner of Tiger VH-BBC, for a couple of years, which we restored from several boxes of bits, and now regularly fly my mate's Tiger VH-BNI, hence my extremely indulgent username!

I hope all goes well, and keep that Tiger burning bright!

Archived