Anyone know the U.K. well?

Jack Sawyer

Not a stupid question, I live in the USA so I know it very well.  The UK, not at all.

What I'd love to see is someone make a list of all the Orbx airports in the UK and where they fall in Orbx's new TE areas.

Like so and so airport is in South, or Central, or North.

If anyone could do that for me I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks and happy new year folks.

4 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jack,

a Happy New Year to you too.

You could make your own list by taking a look in the 05 folder for each part and seeing the ICAO codes

contained in each one.

Until someone comes along and gives you a list, of course.

Thanks Nick, only thing is, what is the path for these?  Appreciate your reply.

7 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jack,

they are

ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_!GBC_05_SCENERY\scenery

ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_!GBN_05_SCENERY\scenery and

ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_!GBSII_05_SCENERY\scenery

Thanks Nick!  Not at the PC now but in P3D’s Library, I see exclamation marks like that but maybe like this, not sure, !FTX_EU...

Will get back to you soon.  You have no idea how much I appreciate this.

5 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jack,

did you want a list of just the payware addons, or all of the airports that Orbx have made for TEGB?

Thanks Nick.

I have everything Orbx makes.

I was focusing on P3D.

So it would be a list of all the P3D airports ORBX makes and what P3D TE area they would belong to.

It would really simplify planning ORBX to Orbx flights.

Here are the busiest airports in the UK

London Heathrow

London Gatwick

Manchester

London Stansted

London Luton

Edinburgh

Birmingham

Glasgow

Bristol

Belfast-International

Newcastle

Liverpool

East Midlands

London City

Leeds Bradford

Aberdeen

Belfast-City

Southampton

Jersey

Cardiff

Doncaster Sheffield

Bournemouth

Exeter

Humberside

Teeside (Durham)

4 minutes ago, Badl4ndz said:

Here are the busiest airports in the UK

London Heathrow

London Gatwick

Manchester

London Stansted

London Luton

Edinburgh

Birmingham

Glasgow

Bristol

Belfast-International

Newcastle

Liverpool

East Midlands

London City

Leeds Bradford

Aberdeen

Belfast-City

Southampton

Jersey

Cardiff

Doncaster Sheffield

Bournemouth

Exeter

Humberside

Teeside (Durham)

Thanks, this is great and I can really use it, but with this list of airports, which ones are in Orbx's P3D, TE, North, Central, & South?

8 minutes ago, Mr Bonefat said:

Thanks mate.  But what I’m really looking for is something very different.

A list that shows only ORBX airports and what part of the TrueEarth area they are in.

North contains xxxxxx Airports 

Central contains xxxxxx Airports 

South contains xxxxxxx Airports 

Hi Jack,

See below for my list of Orbx Payware Airports in the UK.  (Note: This list only applies to P3Dv4 as XP11 also includes two additional Orbx Payware airports for TEGB Central (XP11):  EGCB Manchester City and Heliport (Barton) as well as EGNM Leeds both of which have not yet been ported to P3Dv4 for TEGB Central (P3Dv4).

Orbx Payware Airports in the UK (P3Dv4)

TEGB North contains EGPB Sumburgh & EGPH Edinburgh Orbx Payware Airports 

TEGBCentral contains no Orbx Payware Airports 

TEGB South contains the following 14 Orbx Payware Airports: at this time

EGCW Welshpool

EGFF Cardiff (must own EU Wales Orbx Payware Region to get this airport for P3Dv4)

EGHA Compton Abbas

EGHI Southampton

EGHP Popham

EGHR Chichester/Goodwood

EGKA Shoreham (Brighton)

EGLC London City

EGML Damyns Hall

EGNX East Midlands

EGSG Stapleford 

EGTF Fairoaks

EGTH Old Warden

EGTR Elstree

I did not include EGJA Alderney which is technically not part of the UK but is part of the Bailiwicks of Guernsey which is a British Crown Dependencywith their own indepndent administration.  Alderney is part of the Channel islands and is about 90 miles southwest of EGHI Southampton.  Hope this helps.

Rod

@Jack Sawyer

Try this...it’s helped me a lot for flight planning betwixt Orbx airports - and you can spot likely places where any competing payware airports or “enhanced freeware” creations might be lurking as good departure or arrival points.  It doesn’t list Southern, Central or North, but I just eyeball that as all 3 are installed.

Hope this helps and thank you @Joerg Picard for the map.

5F58DA16-66F4-429A-B731-F162797A5F12.png

58 minutes ago, stiletto2 said:

Hi Jack,

See below for my list of Orbx Payware Airports in the UK.  (Note: This list only applies to P3Dv4 as XP11 also includes two additional Orbx Payware airports for TEGB Central (XP11):  EGCB Manchester City and Heliport (Barton) as well as EGNM Leeds both of which have not yet been ported to P3Dv4 for TEGB Central (P3Dv4).

Orbx Payware Airports in the UK (P3Dv4)

TEGB North contains EGPB Sumburgh & EGPH Edinburgh Orbx Payware Airports 

TEGBCentral contains no Orbx Payware Airports 

TEGB South contains the following 14 Orbx Payware Airports: at this time

EGCW Welshpool

EGFF Cardiff (must own EU Wales Orbx Payware Region to get this airport for P3Dv4)

EGHA Compton Abbas

EGHI Southampton

EGHP Popham

EGHR Chichester/Goodwood

EGKA Shoreham (Brighton)

EGLC London City

EGML Damyns Hall

EGNX East Midlands

EGSG Stapleford 

EGTF Fairoaks

EGTH Old Warden

EGTR Elstree

I did not include EGJA Alderney which is technically not part of the UK but is part of the Bailiwicks of Guernsey which is a British Crown Dependencywith their own indepndent administration.  Alderney is part of the Channel islands and is about 90 miles southwest of EGHI Southampton.  Hope this helps.

Rod

Outstanding Rod!  I don’t think you have any idea how much I appreciate this.  This is 100% exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Jack - Happy New Year - and great to know how interested you are in my place of birth so many years ago -

and Orbx gives me the chance to visit it - now and again without the help of Qantas and 10000 miles of travel

https://www.google.com/maps/d/embed?mid=1oMki4fAslLZKQiCQIn2fNSvvzG0&ll=3.397989159646891%2C141.5603175000001&z=3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airports_in_the_United_Kingdom_and_the_British_Crown_Dependencies

(run  the cursor over each place - or county(state) name for description and photo)

Just in case you have never seen it - above also -  is a map of all WW Orbx Airports  - and the UK ones are  shown

Others have given you lists of all the major airports - but If I may say it -- Just about ALL the non pay ware  airports in 

all the TE Britain sections are quite well done - in both PD3 and and XP =  (IE unless you want to get a cup of tea or a kwik visit to a facility)

One airport I use regularly - and not given in the lists is  - Blackpool (EGN) - where I lived during the war years - Home of the Blackpool tower

(and the Orbx quality can be seen in these screen shots) - It's a good base for  short flights around some of the best areas of the Central section

IE the Lake district -(EGNC) -  ie  Ian Emms area - --- Liverpool/ North Wales (Mona EGOV) - and an across the sea trip to the Isle of Mann.(EGNS)

Use the Southhampton payware(EGHI) - or TE South - ( Lee on Solent for Portsmouth Naval Docks) -  and go East to Dover - or West along the South Coast to Lands End (EGHC) for a great rendition 

and I use Norwich (EGSH) for a fly over the Norfolk coast line and the Norfolk Broads.

Needless to say _ I could go on forever advising you where to go - but in summary - anywhere you fly in Orbx PD3 or XP TE UK versions will be great

but Jack - fly low and slow - forget your big cigar tubes - TE Britain is designed for VFR

There is a Google Map that shows every airfield in the UK tthat I use - and somehow I got it via XP - maybe https://x-plane.cleverest.eu/

(PS Zoom both S/shots for Orbx detail)

Annotation 2019-12-01 142436.jpg

Annotation 2019-12-01 141259.jpg

8 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Jack - Happy New Year - and great to know how interested you are in my place of birth so many years ago

Thanks for this John!  Happy New Year to you too and yes, low and slow over the UK, but just for fun I was thinking of low and slow in a 737, manually flying at maybe 3000 feet. ;)

10 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

That is exactly how I like to do it, Jack. Low and slow in the PMDG 737 NGX is a great way to enjoy the view when flying around the UK. I will be doing just that when I have worked out what is stopping my new PC build from working properly :(

Dang Chris, what happened to your PC?  Sorry to heat this mate, I hope you have it up and running soon.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks for this John!  Happy New Year to you too and yes, low and slow over the UK, but just for fun I was thinking of low and slow in a 737, manually flying at maybe 3000 feet. ;)

I wish you had said you only wanted to do your UK flying by 737

I could have spent another hour flying

Hi Jack

You can also use Orbx map

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/embed?mid=1oMki4fAslLZKQiCQIn2fNSvvzG0&ll=53.13768183234039%2C-0.7980893204934318&z=6

Clicking on each airport will open a text on the left which contains a link to the product too

And here is  a map with payware and freeware

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=16TLldaoxxmFv7wOWfYyM8zV-bgM&ll=46.22545288226944%2C9.667969749999997&z=5

Happy New Year my friend

Cheers

12 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That’s just one plane out of many I plan on using.  :) 

75000 subscribers are looking forward to your screen shots

Personally - I hope you use the Commanche - perfect for the short hops

- but please !! - don't try the 737 in the hills of the Lake District - or the "Mach Loop" in the Welsh Hills - 

you might just come across a RAF Hawk flashing thro' the valleys:blink:

Annotation 2020-01-02 132755.jpg

Thanks John.  It might be several days as I have a lot going on right now.  I no longer have a large fleet.  Just OMDG, A2A, the RealAir Duke and Lancair, a couple of helps, and MV’s F-100? I think it’s the F-100.   I recently uninstalled several dozen planes I didn’t think were realistic enough, my own opinion.   As for a 737 over the Gills or Mach Loop, they should be aware that I have sophisticated jamming technology on board ;) 

Archived