A sequence of six ....

renault

2 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great shots Pete, enjoyed looking at them.

Thanks John

I'm very pleased that you enjoyed them:)

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Extremely nice Pete, but.....no landing? :D  Just kidding.

Thanks Jack :)

Landing - that's going to be the 2020 miracle :)

I think Dario and I are going to have  a competition :D

You make it look so easy :)

But I keep working on it!

Cheers

Pete

1 hour ago, adambar said:

Well done Pete.:)

Thanks Adam

Appreciate it!

Cheers

Pete

1 hour ago, Orbxtreme said:

Beautiful shots, I cannot match that with my FSX!

Hi Francois. Merci beaucoup !

To me, FSX was the best simulator I ever owned. It was quirky as anything, but the clouds, water and color rendering could be adjusted to really give very nice images.

Oddly, I still miss it a lot - in many ways it was ahead of its time and until sometime next year I don't think it has been bettered in many respects :)

Cheers & thanks

Pete

9 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

I thought you were heading for Mars with the rapid ascent in the second view.

A glorious set R, every one a winner.

Thanks Martyn:)

It did put the drinks cart at the back to be sure!!!

Cheers

Pete

PS - I noticed your earlier emoji . :unsure:

I really did make the clouds myself. They are a combination of different freeware varieties, along with some ideas I had on combining them.

I am quite pleased with the result :)

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Pete, if you can do what you do with graphics, when I couldn’t ever in life, all you have to do is commit to learning and you might enjoy it quite a bit.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Jack. I appreciate it :)

But I find it very difficult. I have a lesson plan from a you tube video series for a Cessna that I am working through (its a IRL training sequence) and I am 

getting better with it. 

I think for me the really big issues are a lack of perspective in terms of where I am spatially at times (speed and height on approach) , and learning to slow down.

I continually come in too fast and too high (probably they are related).

I realize that its only a sim, but gosh it does increase your heart rate I find:( 

But enough of my current issues - I am making "baby steps" of progress and one of these days there will be screenshots :D

Cheers 

Pete

19 minutes ago, renault said:

Thanks for the vote of confidence Jack. I appreciate it :)

But I find it very difficult. I have a lesson plan from a you tube video series for a Cessna that I am working through (its a IRL training sequence) and I am 

getting better with it. 

I think for me the really big issues are a lack of perspective in terms of where I am spatially at times (speed and height on approach) , and learning to slow down.

I continually come in too fast and too high (probably they are related).

I realize that its only a sim, but gosh it does increase your heart rate I find:( 

But enough of my current issues - I am making "baby steps" of progress and one of these days there will be screenshots :D

Cheers 

Pete

Learn the fundamentals.  Do some practice landings in the air, like 2000 feet up.  Stall and learn what stall speed is for the plane you’re flying.  Slow and steady does it with small planes. Or watch a 737 land an autoland.  See what speed is needed, all that good stuff.

Archived