THAT's what i have been meaning to do!

VH-KDK

1 hour ago, olderndirt said:

Some really good shots - especially like the arrows, great navaid - what'll those Austrians think of next? :)

Very noble of you to say so young Sir!

You can add the Hill's Hoist, reversible potato peeler, Black Box flight recorders and inflatable evacuation slides to the list but I am not sure what comes next.

28 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Very noble of you to say so young Sir!

You can add the Hill's Hoist, reversible potato peeler, Black Box flight recorders and inflatable evacuation slides to the list but I am not sure what comes next.

Wonder when they'll get around to arrows pointing the other direction - for pilots on a different flight plan or maybe just a return flight?

15 hours ago, BernieFlyer said:

I think he said Austrians not Australians. Austrians have no idea what a Hills Hoist is and certainly no idea about a Victa Mower or for that matter a Victa Airtourer.

Nice people though!!

Bernie

Too right Bernie, I have fallen for the old classic haven't I!:lol:

I can remember years ago a collectable I ordered in the UK not turning up and eventually the parcel was traced to, you guessed it, Austria.:rolleyes:

Nice people indeed, I recently spent a few days in Vienna and thoroughly enjoyed the stay.:)

Fantastic shots, Martyn, and another proof for climate change: In the old times there was snow on the mountains at this time of year.

On 12/22/2019 at 2:34 AM, olderndirt said:

Some really good shots - especially like the arrows, great navaid - what'll those Austrians think of next? :)

At least Jagatee, Sachertorte, Mozartkugeln and DJ Ötzi were invented there. All good additions to a good life, just google and see.

10 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Too right Bernie, I have fallen for the old classic haven't I!:lol:

I can remember years ago a collectable I ordered in the UK not turning up and eventually the parcel was traced to, you guessed it, Austria.:rolleyes:

Nice people indeed, I recently spent a few days in Vienna and thoroughly enjoyed the stay.:)

My first flight to Australia was with Lauda Air. Means I flew from Austria to Australia. Just imagine how I was confused filling out these immigration forms...

6 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Fantastic shots, Martyn, and another proof for climate change: In the old times there was snow on the mountains at this time of year.

At least Jagatee, Sachertorte, Mozartkugeln and DJ Ötzi were invented there. All good additions to a good life, just google and see.

My first flight to Australia was with Lauda Air. Means I flew from Austria to Australia. Just imagine how I was confused filling out these immigration forms...

Thanks Gerold, I flew from Phuket to Sydney with Lauda in 1991, just a few days before the accident in Thailand.

At the time it was the best flight I had ever had and the first time I was totally at ease with flying. A wonderful cabin crew and I hope that none of them were on flight 004.

Archived