Land of 10,000 Lakes

lifejogger

Minnesota.

A flight from KGPZ - Grand Rapids Minnesota to a 5C3 Nary, a private airstrip just southeast of Bemidji, Minnesota.

Global Basepack

Global Vector

OpenLC North America

Airport Pack

p4czc72.jpg

OZQvQtw.jpg

yym9HtJ.jpg

IwI7vtv.jpg

TLYw51X.jpg

S8dUxtx.jpg

mARoR5d.jpg

Q0UyJ9d.jpg

Kv53Wlc.jpg

eX6QLjZ.jpg

NKN62go.jpg

qf8UZ2Q.jpg

c7vMmtr.jpg

ae53cuu.jpg

Terrific set of shots John and yes there are 10,000 + lakes :

Although promoted as the "Land of 10,000 Lakes", Minnesota has 11,842 lakes of 10 acres (4.05 ha) or more. The 1968 state survey found 15,291 lake basins, of which 3,257 were dry. If all basins over 2.5 acres were counted, Minnesota would have 21,871 lakes. The prevalence of lakes has generated many repeat names.

John

15 minutes ago, BradB said:

Terrific set of shots John and yes there are 10,000 + lakes :

Although promoted as the "Land of 10,000 Lakes", Minnesota has 11,842 lakes of 10 acres (4.05 ha) or more. The 1968 state survey found 15,291 lake basins, of which 3,257 were dry. If all basins over 2.5 acres were counted, Minnesota would have 21,871 lakes. The prevalence of lakes has generated many repeat names.

John

Thank you Brad.  I have visited Minnesota a few times and it did seem like there were lakes everywhere,

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

A splendid winter set John.

It would be a great place to fly a float plane too, never short of a place to land!

Thank you Martyn and yes it would be good place to fly a float plane and I have such a flight in the works.

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Interesting geography learning for me, John. I always thought the "land of the 10000 lakes" would be Finland.

I just checked on how many lakes there are in Finland and  it is 187,888 depending how you define lake.

17 minutes ago, jean marc said:

Great set and a very pleasant livery John :) northern Alaska has plenty of small lakes near the Artic sea - tundra / freezing effect on the ground O0

Thank jean marc and I have also noticed quite few lakes in Alaska.

Sweet Set John, Land O' Lakes Butter was founded in St. Paul Minnesota in 1921, Hemce it's name.  I thought I'd throw that one in there since were doing some history here. I like the 170, is that a Carenado Aircraft. It resembles the Piper PA22 Tri Pacer which has a smaller fuselage.

Archived