P3D - Catching up and sharpening up - NZWR

Adam Banks

I took advantage of the A2A Thanksgiving sale to catch up/update a couple of my old FSX aircraft to P3Dv4.
Also, I revised my nVidia sharpening settings: 0.56. but I may take it back to 0.50 (or even lower) as these images still look a tiny bit over-sharpened to me.

Where better to experiment but ORBX NZNI/NZWR? That's Great Barrier Island in the background:

comanche-nzwr-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

Coming in to NZWR:
comanche-nzwr-03-1350.jpg?dl=1

comanche-nzwr-04-1350.jpg?dl=1

comanche-nzwr-02-1350.jpg?dl=1

I'm not a great fan of the P-51D but the A2A model is superb:

p51-nzwr-0-1350.jpg?dl=1

I hope the mods will allow a little leeway here. I couldn't resist seeing how the sharpening affected water (as it's the last one in the series, I can always remove it):
p51-nzwr-02-1350.jpg?dl=1

Adam.

53 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Adam, what value do you use for "ignore film grain"? Default "0.17" or did you find a better value? Nice screenshots btw ;-)

I just left it at default, as there appears to be a bit of a debate as to whether it does anything [at all] in P3D or XP11. Maybe I'll test it with some extreme values and see what happens.

Adam.

• 2 weeks later...

Oooops! I got so busy tweaking I forgot to say thank you [all] for the nice comments!

It's funny - every time I do a stint in XP11 and come back to P3D surprises me with some great visuals. Mind you, you can't really go wrong with NZNI and NZWR!!

Similarly, after long sessions in P3D I jump into XP11 and love the lighting/atmosphere it has.

Adam.

Archived