Quatum River - "No circles here"

renault

Thanks very much for viewing 

Cheers

Renault

So here we are in Quatum River . Lets go have a look ....

I'd hate to think what happened to that one … :unsure:

Qvqm9E1.jpg

Its a good thing I'm highly visible. The logging trucks out here are a "law to themselves"
  and you best get out of the way, but hopefully they will be kind. I'm just a tourist really :)

B2L5isl.jpg

Its always good to get out and check the "lay of the land" 
 I think we'll head off to the left to see what we can see....

Y5aAHbK.jpg

Now I understand. The one out front is "spare parts". Or maybe this is the "spare parts" and
the one out front is the final repair. :unsure: In any case, I think a paint shop could make a killing here ;)

kKwxHPI.jpg

Ah fishing... Probably they fly in the fisherman for a bit of a sporting holiday

MgpFMtB.jpg

On closer inspection maybe not so much. Doesn't look exactly "seaworthy".  :o But the planes around here
aren't exactly "state of the art either" Maybe the place has seen better days. :rolleyes:

0FQ1VGN.jpg

I love watching heavy equipment working. Always have since I was a youngster. I think that concrete storm sewer pipe may be a bit too
much for the excavator . He's stopped, but the pipe is still swaying. Mind you the red machine is pretty busy, going back and forth moving branches.
Perhaps he's just waiting for room to move out onto the road.

LyrxVAB.jpg

I think we'll just head on out and take the left fork. This place has been here a long time. There are so many areas like this in British Columbia. 
Maybe we'll get lucky and find some mining activity. Historically a big part of the province saw mining activity - the saying "there's gold in them far hills" was closer to the truth 
than most folks realize.

OUT7c1E.jpg

And off we go .....

0n9fbUe.jpg

Yep, just a pleasant little drive in the country so far. Good road though

pkmyfW0.jpg

Whoa ... what's that coming towards us. He's moving along pretty quickly and certainly isn't inclined to move over so, it's up to us.

BJ7Vge7.jpg

That's not at all what I expected. It's like from 50 yrs ago. Can't see who's driving. Mind you with the state of the windshield
I suspect he didn't even see us!

gKmn140.jpg

If this was a Hollywood movie I'd say its a special effect. But this is almost surreal. Trucks like that are usually long abandoned, and it really seems

like it's a "ghost truck" . Can't see anyone driving , but I swear I heard a cackle as he went past. Its actually unnerving :blink:

DP06T8F.jpg

Actually I'm glad we don't meet another one. That was downright frightening.  Maybe I'm letting my imagination get the better of me though.:o

tRLGlUG.jpg

Road looks good. Certainly lots of logging activity 

Fj9JkPN.jpg

1ylquup.jpg

k0FFrVX.jpg

I'm not sure my driving instructor had this in mind when I got tested. Well how bad can it be?
The locals do this all the time:D

MhKWNzA.jpg

It can get bad -- real bad. If you never see another screenshot from "Renault" again, you'll know where to find me
I hope you enjoyed the trip. I did, right up until the end .....  :(

QZOT9pN.jpg

Thanks Renault,

Now I know where the damn "Folow-me" car went when he disappeared while I was following him to the gate :wacko: ... And they used to call it a "bug" when occurred >:(!

Stop driving around... Come back and do your job right now !

PS : love the place and the trip. Thanks for sharing !

Cheers :D !

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

Very nicely done.

Now let's see you inspect Moh Creek:)

Good luck!

TTM

Thanks TTM. I just had a look. 

Before I tackle that the Van is going into the show to have a winch fitted!

Cheers

Pete

50 minutes ago, paddler said:

Wonderful story line to go with the screen shots. Not only would that logging truck driver likely not seen you, he would have felt you either as you glanced off him.

Thank you. I'm pleased you enjoyed it.:)

One aspect of Quatum Creek that I am enjoying is quite a number of objects are animated. It was actually a seral moment when I went around the curve and the logging truck was driving towards me.  :huh:

Cheers

Pete

49 minutes ago, JOE DYGAN said:

Thanks Renault,

Now I know where the damn "Folow-me" car went when he disappeared while I was following him to the gate :wacko: ... And they used to call it a "bug" when occurred >:(!

Stop driving around... Come back and do your job right now !

PS : love the place and the trip. Thanks for sharing !

Cheers :D !

Hi Joe

Thank you . I appreciate the comment :)

Cheers

Pete

4 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots. 

cheers 

Iain 

Thanks Iain!

Appreciate it:)

Cheers

Pete

31 minutes ago, BradB said:

Love the post Pete , where did you find your mini-van ? .

Hi John

Right here :)

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/56137-drivable-follow-me-car-mercedes-vito/

Cheers

Pete

None of the trucks have drivers, they're part of a program to eventually eliminate drivers from the driving equation - what better place to work out the kinks.  The windshields are usually scraped when the vehicles are in for a semi-annual check.  Be especially careful around the tracked vehicles, front end loaders etc.  Their operators are usually down in the kitchen playing pinochle with their remotes close at hand.

Archived