It's Kinda Clunky & Pretty Slow

renault

17 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Nice shots and a great tough old bird. I was a passenger on one here in BC and we flew from South Terminal/Vancouver to Port Hardy what a great experience. I would go anytime anywhere with this classy lady.:)

Now that would have been an experience.:)

There is something just so timeless about those type of aircraft. Life was unhurried back then and the problems seemed more manageable with the technology that aircraft such as the goose were equipped with. Just a bit nostalgic , but having one in the hanger means I can indulge myself :rolleyes:

Thanks for commenting. I appreciate it!

Cheers

R

5 minutes ago, adambar said:

Great shots of the old Goose R! :)

Thank you Adam

Its a fantastic plane to fly. The autopilot is real simple and left to its own devices it basically flies itself :)

Cheers

Pete

2 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Nice shots and a great tough old bird. I was a passenger on one here in BC and we flew from South Terminal/Vancouver to Port Hardy what a great experience. I would go anytime anywhere with this classy lady.:)

Was that with Wilderness Seaplanes Karl. there were 2 Goose parked there when I flew in but the sun was wrong for photos and we were also instructed not to loiter on the apron.

I was also with a tired cranky brother who was not in the mood for my aviation related procrastinations!:o:-:lol:

On 11/15/2019 at 10:26 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Cool shots, I'd love to own one and just park it and live on it.

Thanks very much Jack:)

I have to admit  that I never thought of doing what you suggest. It sounds quite a neat experience, 

but the neighbors and city planning would probably be all over it :unsure:

I'm glad you enjoyed them

Cheers

Pete

On 11/15/2019 at 10:45 PM, Iain Emms said:

Great couple of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain

Cheers Sir!

Pete

On 11/16/2019 at 12:21 AM, musterpilot said:

Great set of shots

John

Thank you John

Cheers

Pete

On 11/16/2019 at 12:53 AM, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful images of a fine old bird although not in it's original condition.:huh:

Little bit of spit & polish does wonders for an appearance. Works real good with people too :)

Thanks Martyn!

See you 

Pete

On 11/16/2019 at 12:59 AM, VH-KDK said:

Was that with Wilderness Seaplanes Karl. there were 2 Goose parked there when I flew in but the sun was wrong for photos and we were also instructed not to loiter on the apron.

I was also with a tired cranky brother who was not in the mood for my aviation related procrastinations!:o:-:lol:

Ah family :rolleyes:

Ya gotta love em!

Cheers

On 11/16/2019 at 5:14 AM, lifejogger said:

Good looking shots of the Goose, specially like that last one.

Thank you John

Cheers

Pete

On 11/16/2019 at 5:25 AM, M110A2 said:

Great shots, they served well in many rolls with a small number of them built it's hard to believe from these post that some are still around. 

Thanks Vince. Glad you enjoyed them

I am very happy that there are still a few left in the real world!

Cheers

Pete

On 11/16/2019 at 6:10 AM, BradB said:

Terrific shots Pete !! .

Thanks John

See you:)

Pete

Archived