Riding the Storm out.

M110A2

KBFI to 74S when a storm shook my Comanche 250 like the S.S. Minnow at sea. Up to three more weeks with the finger splints. Took them off to do a chore before winter and I smashed the index and middle fingers again, My own fault. Enjoy!

KBFI Takeoff.jpg

Flying into the Storm.jpg

Rain.jpg

Lightning1.jpg

Lighning3.jpg

Lightning4.jpg

Out 0f the Storm.jpg

Safely Tied Down.jpg

7 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Vince. I hate them winters:angry: and I "wince":rolleyes: when I think what you've done to your finger. Thank goodness you still can hit the "V" key for your great shots. Hang in and mend soonest :)

Thanks Karl, I was bringing in lawn furniture and smashed it. We got hit with a half foot of snow and I procrastinated to the last hour.

Thanks Adam, yeah that's the last place I'd want to be in a Comanche. But that's how AS P3Dv4 is. Airliners get struck by lightning all the time, people don't realize it. A chunk of metal in the middle of the sky, perfect place for lightning to connect.

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Great shots Vince, my kind of weather.  I find I can do things in the sim that I would never do in real life.  And sorry about your fingers mate.

Thanks Jack, as beautiful as lightning can be it rots that it can be just as deadly.

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Some very dramatic images from your flight, a top set.

Ouch with your fingers though, I am wincing for you.:(:-:D

Thanks Martyn, stuff happens when you rush to do things and when you should have something protecting the fingers and you take it off, it's only your own fault.

4 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Great shots and weather in your sim, Vince.

Bad new bout your fingers - and the weather in your area :o!

Thanks Gerold, easier done in a SIM than real life. I recall getting a shot of lightning at Niagara on the Lake but it took 2/3's of the roll of film for one shot. 

4 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Excellent shots!!!!!!!!!!!!  Good job on capturing the lighting in a screenshot.

Thanks John, I have some screenshots to delete. I kept hitting the V key every couple of seconds.

Archived