Strait from the Point.

VH-KDK

Another great sim shot... and a fantastic encounter, Martyn. How many humpbacks have you seen at that place?

5 hours ago, BradB said:

It could have passed for one large one too

Don´t do that, John! Just travel... or visit this forum, doubtless the best in the www.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice Orbx shot and that whale, so majestic and beautiful.  Do you know how fortunate you've been Martyn, I can only dream of this stuff.

Never give up dreaming, Jack, you may get the chance for such an encounter somewhere. 

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice Orbx shot and that whale, so majestic and beautiful.  Do you know how fortunate you've been Martyn, I can only dream of this stuff.

Thank you Jack, I couldn't believe how many whales I saw but this is the closest I got to any as it was a dedicated whale watching excursion.

I never ever thought I would get to Alaska and it didn't disappoint!:)

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Another great sim shot... and a fantastic encounter, Martyn. How many humpbacks have you seen at that place?

Don´t do that, John! Just travel... or visit this forum, doubtless the best in the www.

Never give up dreaming, Jack, you may get the chance for such an encounter somewhere. 

Thank you Gerold. These were the only two we saw on this excursion but travelling up from Vancouver I lost count of how many there were. So many from a distance and also lots of spouts.

I also saw several that morning travelling up the fjord to Icy Point along with Dolphins, Seals, Sea Otters and many birds.:)

1 hour ago, adambar said:

Sad, but, I'm not sure if I saw a whale when I was in California or not. :(  anyway, beautiful animals, and shot Martyn! :)

Cheers Adam.

Well think that you did.;)

On the first full day of the cruise we were at sea and most of the whales were in the distance. After a sighting almost every wave looked like a darned whale!:-

Strange the tricks the eyes play isn't it.:lol:

Archived