Gawd, grand dam!

VH-KDK

The Hoover Dam is one of the worlds engineering masterpieces.

fFaW0sM.jpg

Opened in 2010, the Mike O'Callaghan - Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge is also a structure to be noted being the second highest bridge in the US.

It is also the highest concrete arch bridge in the world and the widest concrete span in the Western Hemisphere.

It is hard to imagine that the busy interstate 11 used to be routed along the top of the dam wall as well as negotiation the very twisty road each side of the dam.

On 11/5/2019 at 8:51 PM, adambar said:

Fantastic shot of Hoover Dam Martyn! :)  Impressive place to see, been there several times.

Cheers Adam, what a wonderful place this was to visit and I can see why you have been there multiple times.:)

On 11/5/2019 at 9:18 PM, bvdboomen said:

Mighty piece of work indeed. I always mis it when I'm in the virtual neighborhood.

Thanks and don't forget to drop by when you are next flying in the area, it is well worth it.:)

On 11/6/2019 at 2:29 AM, Boss1 said:

Super shot of the dam! Really is a neat area to hike around if anyone gets the chance.

Thanks, I saw many places where I would have enjoyed a hike around when on my travels but sadly time was against that!:(

On 11/6/2019 at 9:01 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Dang, that's cool Martyn!  I never knew this bridge was built.  I remember driving over the dam a lot but that bridge, wow!

Thank you Jack, the bridge has made that part of the journey much easier.:)

Archived