Due to technical difficulties

Hi all. One thing I'm running into with P3D4 is its inability to play well with others. Whatever else was true of my old FSX system, I could abuse it and it would keep on ticking. With P3D4, on the other hand, the system has frozen on me twice now as it rejected add-ons or simply ate itself. Thankfully, I have a great computer tech available, a man of infinite patience, but even he is beginning to wonder as we do our third re-install of system, scenery, and planes. To be honest, this experience is making me eagerly anticipate the new MSFS 2020 system. It will have its glitches, as we all know, but in theory I won't have to do a reinstall every six weeks. And that's all I have to say about that. :smile:

Hi Rodger,

I've had a few hard crashes with P3D v4.5 myself, even with a decent PC.  No idea why but it's never causes a reinstall of everything!  Sorry to hear it's been such a pain for you.  I think something is going on in that PC of yours other than just P3D.  Over clocked anything like Lawrence mentioned?

7 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Goes back to the Technician tomorrow. I'll refer him to this thread. Thanks, folks, for thoughts and ideas.

Rodger, maybe  this helps

This sounds a little like my story  when I changed over to P3D about  10 month ago FSX  use  to crash  and  I put it down to OOM. Hence  the change over to P3D . That Sim also crashed several times   and then  I did  a complete reinstall.  It still CTD .  My hardware was pretty new and   was set up for the task. The good lady from P3D  was most helpful but could not solve the problem.  So I called  in the expert Technician. Check  the Graphic card  OK, checked the CPU, OK Checked the mother board, OK  Checked the power supply , OK Checked the  heat sink & heat output of the CPU , Not OK ! The technician then installed a AUD$ 50. hydraulic cooler system   and the problem was solved . Since  then, I did  not had a single crash

Keep faith in your tech  guy he  will find the fault

Good luck

Charles 

Sorry to learn of your PC difficulties Roger.  I went through similar frustrations with FSX a few years ago and learned those problems are enough to pull your hair out.   In then end I solved mine by throwing money at it and getting a new PC built for me.   I explained the problems to the tec guy, he gave me details of how to overcome them. I got a new PC with everything he suggested doubled!   Cost a bomb and took forever to get everything back on even though most of it was on back-up discs but did the trick!        Hope you get over yours soon mate.  

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Due to technical difficulties

Hi Roger Pettichord,

I know that talking without knowing the problem "in loco" is not wise ... But, anyway, I can say that I never reinstalled P3D.
Of course it has its glitches, but with patience and constantly watching the issues presented on this site, I have allowed myself to go on ... doing my simulated flights.
Do not give up! When you find an issue, present it here, we'll sort it out before going for a drastic solution to reinstall P3D.
Anyway, I appreciate your mood ...
Good simulated flights, buddy.:)

Archived