Global AI Ship Traffic and ORBX

kl791

We just released a new version of the Global AI Ship Traffic project with now 1100 ships - so far only available on simviation.com and fligtsimnorway.com, but hopefully it will soon be up in other places. As usual it has been tested using ORBX Global Vector  as well as almost all of the regional ORBX products - alternatively it can also be used with photo sceneries, but really it is optimized to ORBX.

19032911063416112916180556.jpg

Stralsund in Northern Germany with EU Germany North

19032911063416112916180555.jpg

More EU Germany North  and nice summer ambiance...

19091509100116112916409665.jpg

The Amazon river near Belem - despite not being perfect large stretches of the Amazon can be navegated with Global Vector and Open Landclass South America - traffic has been added all the way to Manaus.

19033107585316112916183223.jpg

Also the Mississippi River has now got traffic combining the Global AI Ship Traffic with Global Vector which also makes that river navigable.

19092210571616112916418741.jpg

The Norwegian Royal Yacht in Tromsö with ORBX EU Norway - the many small villages along the coast have got fishing boats and ferries.

2 hours ago, kl791 said:

We just released a new version of the Global AI Ship Traffic project with now 1100 ships - so far only available on simviation.com and fligtsimnorway.com, but hopefully it will soon be up in other places. As usual it has been tested using ORBX Global Vector  as well as almost all of the regional ORBX products - alternatively it can also be used with photo sceneries, but really it is optimized to ORBX.

Thanks, this add-on is a must-have for flying in the Orbx coastal areas, I downloaded the update the second I saw it was available :) It really brings the seaside areas to life, especially in such scenic places like San Juan Islands or Puget Sound. HUGE thanks for your work on this!

35 minutes ago, bvdboomen said:

Does this work in P3D v4+ as well?

Absolutely, and the manual contains the information needed to add it using the new "add-on.xml" method.

Cheers,

Tym

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Very nice, I tried five times to download it and every time it stalled so I said to heck with it, it's not worth the hassle.

Which site were you downloading from? The download from fligtsimnorway.com was blazing fast, no issues at all. And BTW, it absolutely is worth the hassle IMHO... :P

1 minute ago, TymK said:

Which site were you downloading from? The download from fligtsimnorway.com was blazing fast, no issues at all. And BTW, it absolutely is worth the hassle IMHO... :P

fligtsimnorway.com. It would download and stall and despite many attempts at restarting it, starting from the beginning, I said to myself, why waste my time.  I'm not going to try to fight this losing battle.  I have the previous version.

6 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I have the previous version.

OK, then I fully agree it might not be worth the hassle (at least until the download situation resolves itself). I thought you were giving up on even trying the add-on... ;)

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

fligtsimnorway.com. It would download and stall and despite many attempts at restarting it, starting from the beginning, I said to myself, why waste my time.  I'm not going to try to fight this losing battle.  I have the previous version.

If you at the bottom of the flightsimnorway page click use "server B", then you will get at stable connection - not as fast as the other - just 2MB/s - but it will be stable as it according to the site owner has unlimited number of simultaneous downloads. The standard option server A has had a fight handling more than 1.2  terrabyte alone on this project in the last 24 hours. 

And you will have plenty of new stuff to see as well as corrections... :D

1 hour ago, kl791 said:

If you at the bottom of the flightsimnorway page click use "server B", then you will get at stable connection - not as fast as the other - just 2MB/s - but it will be stable as it according to the site owner has unlimited number of simultaneous downloads. The standard option server A has had a fight handling more than 1.2  terrabyte alone on this project in the last 24 hours. 

Thanks, I’ll try that.

1 hour ago, kl791 said:

I'm there now, there's no serve B available.  Just A. :banghead:

18 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Mine is very different.

NZjTn5v.png

Too me that looks like a screen setting issue as the text displays strangely - you will get a dropbox link in a pm as thanks for your many nice ship spotting screenshots :D 

48 minutes ago, lawrence aldrich said:

Anyone have trouble getting the ship wakes to run??

The files seem  in the right place but moving ships leave no wakes.

really great program though !!!

Hi May be you miss the Folder  Textures in folder Effects ...

Patrick

15 hours ago, TymK said:

Absolutely, and the manual contains the information needed to add it using the new "add-on.xml" method.

Thank you!

Downloaded it and the oceans come to life.

There wasn't any wake and a search learned that an entry in the add-on.xml is wrong: where it says 

<Path>\Effects</Path>

it must be: 

<Path>Effects</Path>

I haven't tested it yet but it sounds plausible.

Cheers,

Ben.

3 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

There wasn't any wake and a search learned that an entry in the add-on.xml is wrong: where it says 

<Path>\Effects</Path>

it must be: 

<Path>Effects</Path>

I haven't tested it yet but it sounds plausible.

That's correct. I had to do the same in the previous version as well, and the wakes work fine.

Archived