Yakutat, Alaska - DC-6B

adambar

22 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Always the best ground shots, Adam, always!  But this plane is way too much for me to handle, I use the co-pilot and even then it's a handful.

+1 - But this plane is way too much for me to handle, I use the co-pilot and even then it's a handful. ......Like these Guy's Jack :

Cheers

John

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Always the best ground shots, Adam, always!  But this plane is way too much for me to handle, I use the co-pilot and even then it's a handful.

Thank you Jack. :)  I've been flying props for a very long time, so, I kind of know how everythings work. As for jets, not so much. :D

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Smashing set of shots Adam.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain. :)

1 hour ago, mikee said:

Wonderful Shots Adam :)

Thank you Mike. :)

1 hour ago, BradB said:

+1 - But this plane is way too much for me to handle, I use the co-pilot and even then it's a handful. ......Like these Guy's Jack :

Cheers

John

:lol:  Thanks John. :)

18 minutes ago, wain71 said:

great shots ...

Thank you. :)

1962 - my first 'married man' assignment.  Our Flight Service Station was second floor on the side of that big old hangar.  The DC6 was Alaska's mainstay even after they acquired the CV880.  One was sold to Reeve Aleutian and became their flagship 'til the Electras.  Now I think 'Evert Air', out of Fairbanks, has at least one of these guys.

On 9/12/2019 at 7:26 AM, lifejogger said:

Great shots Adam, love the ground shots!!!!!!!!!!!  Whose DC-6 is that?

Thanks John. :)  The DC-6 is from PMDG.

On 9/12/2019 at 10:04 AM, flyingleaf said:

Beautiful shots Adam. Love that old bird. Hmmmm mebby the Mule Team could get one. Would be great to scare "more" passengers on our flights.B):D

Not sure that's a good idea Karl. :lol:

On 9/12/2019 at 3:36 PM, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Beauties!  :o 

Thank you Johnny. :)

On 9/12/2019 at 4:24 PM, Rodger Pettichord said:

Adam, great set of shots of a classic bird. Really nice. Thanks!

Thank you kindly Rodger. :)

On 9/12/2019 at 9:00 PM, olderndirt said:

1962 - my first 'married man' assignment.  Our Flight Service Station was second floor on the side of that big old hangar.  The DC6 was Alaska's mainstay even after they acquired the CV880.  One was sold to Reeve Aleutian and became their flagship 'til the Electras.  Now I think 'Evert Air', out of Fairbanks, has at least one of these guys.

I sure learn a lot from your comments OND, thank you. :)

Archived