Migration/scenery display issues

caleb1

I am having scenery display issues.  Most of it started when I installed orbx central...  I tried all the troubleshooting steps deleting terrain.cfg/libary refresh etc to no avail.  I then switched back to FTX central, tried a remigration, and also tried the troubleshooting steps again.  I thought this fixed my problem, and it did fix some issues, but still not the way it was when everything was working.  Also tried verifiing the files of the airports/regions I was noticing problems in.

Any ideas on this?  Hoping to get this resolved...  not sure if it was a orbx central issue or just a coincidence..

Many thanks.

is the:

19 minutes ago, toprob said:

Simply deleting the offending file (...VectorLandClass\VLC_Libraries\AutogenX\default.xml) will fix this.

the solution here?

I will try that soon when I get a chance and report back.

I am confused as to weather or not this is an orbx central issue.  I think its more of a P3D v4.4/v.4 issue.  And i installed orbxC around the same time so it might be a coincidence.

17 minutes ago, caleb1 said:

I think its more of a P3D v4.4/v.4 issue.

Yes, that's how I see it, although it was more my interpretation of the changes to v4.4 that caused this in the case of Real NZ NZCH. I'm assuming here that this is your situation, having a rogue default.xml file, this may not be the case at all.

I don't know why Prepar3d doesn't deal with the library objects the same as the other autogen descriptions, considering that their SDK deals in depth with adding library objects. I can imagine that I wasn't the only developer who made the wrong assumption here.

ok so looking at this further I dont have a VectorLandClass\VLC_Libraries\AutogenX\default.xml path anywhere...  I dont have any godzone products /NZCH which i believe was what the issue was related to in the other thread.  so still looking for a solution to this....  Many thanks for any input.

• 3 weeks later...

Still looking for a solution for this.....

I'm not sure if this somehow got marked as a solved issue on your end, it is still marked as active  for me- but I have not seen any sign that this is being looked into.    It has been nearly a month since this issue first occurred and I have not been able to make any good progress on getting this resolved.  Maybe I should create a new thread?

I  have found yet another location where I am seeing this issue.  KFHR Friday harbor the plane appears to be placed below the ground.  Similar issues are appearing everywhere in orbx regions.  I dont seem to be the only person with this problem, There seem to be many threads on this subject, but none of them seem to have a solution that works for me.

Many thanks for any help/suggestions.

Thanks for the reply,

Various elevation issues at many airports, particularly KBVS, misplaced objects at WA56, and other missing/misplaced autogen, water sometimes appearing on land where it shouldnt be, etc.

Lots of "scenery display issues".  Hopefully this helps.

On 10/3/2019 at 9:32 PM, Mitchell Williamson said:

Hi!

Before we can begin to troubleshoot this issue, please attempt the following:

I was using FTX Central, as I thought maybe Orbx central was part of the problem, now I go back into orbx central to do the steps you suggested, and then start up P3D again, and some problems have been fixed, but now there are different ones.

With FTX Central the problems are:

• Plane sits below ground at KFHR
  • Missing objects/fences/static plane not showing up at WA56
  • Elevation Issues (runways/taxiways/aprons higher than grass) at KBVS
  • Random misplaced autogen/elevation issues throughout PNW
  • Water showing on top of terrain at random places where it shoulnt be.

With Orbx central the problems are:

• Plane now sits on ground at KFHR, but runways/taxiways/aprons higher elevated above grass
  • All objects show at WA56, but too many of them.  There are hangers where there shouln't be.

Problems that have not been tested for in orbx central, might exist might not:

• Elevation Issues (runways/taxiways/aprons higher than grass) at KBVS

Hopefully this helps you see exactly what the symptoms of this issue are depending on which central program I am using.

Hi!

The issues you describe can all be caused by different things.

On 10/7/2019 at 5:29 AM, caleb1 said:
  • Missing objects/fences/static plane not showing up at WA56

• All objects show at WA56, but too many of them.  There are hangers where there shouln't be.

Run 'Verify Files' on WA56 in Orbx Central. If the problem persists, please provide a screenshot of the issue.

Please provide a screenshot of this.

Run 'Verify Files' on Global Base, openLC North America and Orbx Libraries. If the issue persists, please provide a screenshot of the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Mitchell Williamson,

Thanks for the reply.  I have done as you suggested.  I verified the files of nearly all my orbx products while I was at it.

Some issues may have changed a little, but they still appear.

Here are screenshots:

On 10/6/2019 at 2:29 PM, caleb1 said:

All objects show at WA56, but too many of them.  There are hangers where there shouln't be.

img753.thumb.jpg.5ca13910e9f53a44ad135d4435be7294.jpg

---------------------------------------

On 10/6/2019 at 2:29 PM, caleb1 said:

Plane now sits on ground at KFHR, but runways/taxiways/aprons higher elevated above grass

This issue has improved slightly.  there is still this one flaw.  Not sure if it is intended or a related issue.  

img752.thumb.jpg.5c665ccbd21cfe0d752aa5b6310a2c5e.jpg

As far as the water on terrain and the autogen/elevation issues, I am currently unable to reproduce these, but if/when I do see them again I will post a screenshot here.

Have any ideas how to fix these remaining issue(s)?

Many thanks.

Caleb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Caleb,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've loaded up WA56 and am unable to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

Are you using PNW, and do you have any other scenery in that area?

The terrain bump you see at KFHR isn't an issue and does appear in my sim as well (it is likely due to the high detail mesh!)

Prepar3D_2019-12-20_13-22-31.jpg

22 minutes ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

Hi Caleb,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've loaded up WA56 and am unable to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

Are you using PNW, and do you have any other scenery in that area?

The terrain bump you see at KFHR isn't an issue and does appear in my sim as well (it is likely due to the high detail mesh!)

Prepar3D_2019-12-20_13-22-31.jpg

Thanks for the reply, yes I do have PNW installed, as well as global base/vector/OLC NA, no other scenery in that area that I know of.   Only other scenery I have installed that might have any effect on that area is freemeshx....  but I doubt that would be an issue as I have the PNW and WA56 above FMX in the scenery library.

Many thanks for any additional input.

• 2 weeks later...

For your record, I also tried verifying the files of both PNW and WA56, but no help.

Thanks for any additional input.  This seems to be a very mysterious issue to me...  That alot of people seem to have but none of others solutions seem to work for me....

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply @Ben McClintock

Not sure exactly what you meant by PNW folder, but I deleted anything I could find that had "WA56" in the name from the Prepar3D v4\ORBX folder, which were these files/folders:

img789.jpg.fcdd45ebe17438a09052582eb9dd40fc.jpg

Then I went back to Orbx central and verified files of both PNW and WA56, still have the buildings where they shouldn't be.

I am starting to belive that a fresh install of my whole orbx libary would be the best way to fix this.  (And this is not the only mysterious unsolvable scenery related issue I have had, I am having a blurry texture issue as well that I would imagine a fresh install would fix.  https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/183019-blurry-trees-at-vashon-island/ )

Is there any specific procedure as to how to uninstall all my orbx products and remove them from sim so there are no traces of them so I can start fresh again?

Thanks.

Caleb, you write that after deleting the possibly offending files you then verified both PNW and WA56. Then you rebooted and the issue was still there. I could be wrong,  butI think that by verifying files you are essentially reinstalling  everything, including what you had earlier deleted. As a consequence, every thing has been restored. Check your files and I bet you will find that to be the case. I am sure Ben or one of the other staff experts will correct me if I am wrong. 

sherm

On 1/18/2020 at 6:18 PM, shermank said:

Caleb, you write that after deleting the possibly offending files you then verified both PNW and WA56. Then you rebooted and the issue was still there. I could be wrong,  butI think that by verifying files you are essentially reinstalling  everything, including what you had earlier deleted. As a consequence, every thing has been restored. Check your files and I bet you will find that to be the case. I am sure Ben or one of the other staff experts will correct me if I am wrong. 

sherm

I think the idea behind deleting the files was to clear them out incase they were corrupt in any way. Then to verify the files to add them back in without the suspected corruption.

I am not sure weather Ben's post was requesting me just to delete them, or to delete then reinstall.

I would imagine deleting them (and leaving them deleted) would cause more problems then it would fix...  then I would not even have the whole WA56 scenery.

I really think there is something really messed up with my orbx installation.  Something that verifying the files doesnt fix.

I would really like to just delete every trace of all my orbx products from my pc and install them fresh again.  My question is is there a particular way to do this (remove all traces of orbx products from my pc)?

I am suspecting just uninstalling them from orbx central wouldn't "remove all traces".

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Any updates...

Orbx support....

I have paid for these products and I would like to be able to get them to work correctly.  I have tried all of the suggestions by the Orbx staff and I am still unable to fix my numerous display issues with all my Orbx products.  Issues such as.

Blurry textures at airports

Blurry terrain textures.

Some misplaced objects.

Can someone please help me fix this.  Remove all traces of Orbx installations etc and reinstall?  Is this possible?  Or will I need to reinstall P3D to fix my issues.

@Nick Cooper  @Ben McClintock  @Mitchell Williamson @John Venema

Thanks

Hi Caleb

Please post a copy of your “scenery.cfg” file and the “add-ons.cfg” and the “scenery_add-ons.xml” file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

Please note: Do not open the files and copy and paste the contents, just attach the files.

On 4/6/2020 at 9:43 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Caleb

Please post a copy of your “scenery.cfg” file and the “add-ons.cfg” and the “scenery_add-ons.xml” file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

Please note: Do not open the files and copy and paste the contents, just attach the files.

Thanks for the reply Doug.  Here are the files.

add-ons.cfg scenery.cfg scenery_add-ons.xml

Thanks Caleb

1. Go to settings/Insertion Point and set them like this.
Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.
Then in Orbx Central Insertion points "Orbx Airports and Regions”, put your last non Orbx 3rd party listed in your scenery library addon in the INSERTED BELOW window.
Then for the "Orbx Global openLC” ensure the Orbx Airports and Regions are in the INSERTED BELOW window.

2. Disable all your non Orbx 3rd party scenery items in the scenery library and test. I see a few different "Buildings" addons that make me suspicious. Is your FS9 Custom Buildings addon really compatible with P3Dv4?

On 4/9/2020 at 8:49 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Thanks Caleb

1. Go to settings/Insertion Point and set them like this.
Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.
Then in Orbx Central Insertion points "Orbx Airports and Regions”, put your last non Orbx 3rd party listed in your scenery library addon in the INSERTED BELOW window.
Then for the "Orbx Global openLC” ensure the Orbx Airports and Regions are in the INSERTED BELOW window.

2. Disable all your non Orbx 3rd party scenery items in the scenery library and test. I see a few different "Buildings" addons that make me suspicious. Is your FS9 Custom Buildings addon really compatible with P3Dv4?

Thanks for the reply doug, did as you requested, but still same issue.  Even when disabling all the other 3rd party addons.

Not sure why I had that FS9 custom buildings in there, probably something that I installed as some of my development efforts.  But regardless, I still have the issues weather they are disabled or not.

Any other ideas?  Thanks.

13 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

At this stage of the game Caleb, I would be doing a fresh new install of the simulator. 

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. :D

Unfortunately I guess that is what I might have to do.

Really appreciate all of your help.

Thanks,

• 4 weeks later...

Archived