Along the coast to Seattle in X-Plane

Jack Sawyer

I wanted to fly along the Washington coast in X-Plane.  So I did a little while ago in real time but had to turn off the weather because the ceiling was only 300 feet and I wanted to see the scenery.  It got dark so I did some XP night flying and it was amazing, with the lights of in my office and the 54" screen I felt like I was there.

I started at KHQM, Bowerman, only additional items are the GTN750, xVision, and this Just Flight Arrow.

Here was the real weather, very low ceiling.

FKkcUrK.jpg

VEVatJh.jpg

UXtZV9M.jpg

GoF9FVt.jpg

UjrazyD.jpg

Weather off.

jhC4RGG.jpg

9TF3yZQ.jpg

miQ9BJg.png

fzYqnYY.jpg

NrkLRWA.png

Zjk3pyy.png

ILS 16R at KSEA.

PEFA85C.png

38 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

You picked one of the few lousy days this summer.  Come back in the winter when they're all lousy.  Great shots of the Pacific beaches and the 'Arrow' with the funny tail. 

Thanks OND, I thought the weather there was always crummy.

4 hours ago, BobT said:

Really nice shots Jack. The last one is such a classic perspective. I notice you were pretty low on fuel there hehe  :0

Thanks Bob!  I was on fumes for sure, and I've always loved this perspective on a cool ILS approach.

3 hours ago, Dario said:

Lovely shots, Jack! I followed your advice and switched from ASXP+UWXP+XVision to ASXP+XVision only. Weather representation improved 100%. Thank you! :) 

Thanks Dario!  I agree, I read that AS and UW kind of battle it out with each other.

Archived