You cannot win every time...

ydelta

After my successful touchdown at EGLC with the big Bus, I was overconfident and decided to try a full landing at Biggin Hill airport to show off a bit to the spotters seated at the terrace of the Lookout cafe 

Now the issue with this heavy bird is that if you come a bit too high and a bit too fast on the final, this is gonna most likely end up with an angry call from your insurer...

It is exactly what happened and I finished my landing by a predictable overrun of runway 03, disturbing a few cows in the middle of their grazing session in the nearby meadow :o :rollmyeyes:

3f9ea0_012a8383006b4ae683819519a4517551~

3f9ea0_1fb87bb2bd3a4feaa3f0c62aceb597e6~

Nice! :) But for your next flight I would recommend the 737 with Short Field Package. Maybe not everyone knows, it was projected by Boeing to meet the requirements of a Brazilian airline that needed a Boeing 737-800 to operate at an airport in Rio de Janeiro with one of the most dangerous approaches worldwide (Santos Dumont airport - SBRJ). Mountains around it (Sugar Loaf), water on all sides. The main runway extension is 1323 meters (4340 ft).

At least you finished up in a straight line and didn't take out the fence. (As I've done a few times) 

Just wondering, did you have the Auto-brake wound all the way up? :)

From Wikipedia:

" The airport has one runway aligned roughly north-south. The runway (03/21) is 1,820 metres in length, making it usable by aircraft up to Boeing 737/Airbus A320 size, and it has an Instrument Landing System. "

I'd go back and try again, a bit slower and enjoy the great scenery as it goes past. :)

Aussie

Archived