Miramar to Edwards AFB, B58 Hustler

bernd1151

The Convair B58 Hustler always had a special place in my aviation heart, as she was one of the first Revell models I built as a kid and I’m glad that she flies in P3D v.4.5. This is the 2014 Glowingheat model. I have modified somewhat the VC, as it looked at least for me out of the box too FS9-ish

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Once airborne she picks up speed amazingly fast.

4.jpg

So we will cover the distance in a heartbeat

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Over Edwards AFB

12.jpg

Unfortunately she lacks speed brakes, so it takes an eternity to bring her down to a landing speed of around 220 knots

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

She is a real beauty and the good thing is, so far she has only tried to kill me twice

Wow! Amazing screenshots of an incredible aircraft!!!

By some strange coincidence, the Hustler was also one of the very first plastic kits my brother and I built when we were young. When we moved on to other kits and decided the B-58 needed to be retired, we placed a firework in each of the engines and whirled the kit around, tied to the end of a fishing line. A sad end to a fun kit, but we both thought "that was how it would have liked to have gone!" :lol:

I've tried a few of the freeware Hustler's over the years, but none of them were really up to scratch. This payware version certainly looks way better, but I think I'd struggle to find the cash for what is now a pretty old add-on.

Adam.

20 hours ago, Stillwater said:

What a plane...! And - at least - Edwards has runways of sufficient lenghts for this machine.

Oh yes, you need it ;)

18 hours ago, oldboy43 said:

Very nice shots with beautiful airplane, thank you.

Cheers

Karoly

Many thanks, Karoly

15 hours ago, BradB said:

Fantastic shots Bernd . :):)

Cheers

John

I'm glad you like them, John

14 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Wow! Amazing screenshots of an incredible aircraft!!!

By some strange coincidence, the Hustler was also one of the very first plastic kits my brother and I built when we were young. When we moved on to other kits and decided the B-58 needed to be retired, we placed a firework in each of the engines and whirled the kit around, tied to the end of a fishing line. A sad end to a fun kit, but we both thought "that was how it would have liked to have gone!" :lol:

I've tried a few of the freeware Hustler's over the years, but none of them were really up to scratch. This payware version certainly looks way better, but I think I'd struggle to find the cash for what is now a pretty old add-on.

Adam.

I bought the plane in 2016, if I remember correctly, and then mostly due to my fond memories. I haven't flown her too often, as I'm more into GA flying. But for some fast Mach 2 cross-country flying, she is excellent. And don't forget, even James (Jimmy) Stewart has once flown in the Hustler in rl. That gives an added reason to try her out more often :)

14 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Great set Bernd.

Don

Thank you very much, Don

13 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

These are cool Bernd, I love the approach shots in this series!  I never built this but I'll bet it was fun.

I can remember, that it wasn't very easy to get those red marks onto the Hustler. You had to dipp them into water first, so that they got stuck to the plane, when dry, and if you didn't act fast enough putting them into the right place, you had messed it up :)

12 hours ago, adambar said:

Great looking aircraft and shote Bernd! :)

Many thanks, Adam

10 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots.

cheers

Iain

Glad you like them, Iain 

5 hours ago, M110A2 said:

Beautiful set, it was one of my first models as well. Thanks for sharing the Hustler with us. Is this a payware version?

Many thanks for your kind comment. Yes, this is a payware model, from a company called Glowingheat in the UK

Archived