Shoreham-Cardiff : XP11 + TEGB + xVision

For all those that use xVision (Yuri's PTA clone for XP), there's a new version out: 1.25 ... so I created a new preset for it.

One of my favourite GA aircraft in P3D (Ant's Tecnam Sierra) is now available in XP - by Dmax3D. Not quite the same model, but it's a little beauty! Here it is over Brighton/Shoreham:

03-P2002-Shoreham-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

A freeware Let 410 over Cardiff (EGFF):

04-L410-EGFF-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

Here's one for Jack - and any trainspotters out there! Shame about the tree shadows - Picasso would be proud :D!

P2002-Brighton-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

The preset was tested using the excellent FlyAGI Lua script. More details and preset download is here: Adam XV 125_01.

Adam.

Thanks Adam, as much as I like XP I absolute DETEST the way I have to go chasing around the globe for updates.  If you didn't post it I never would have known there's an update to xVision.  And since it's an update will it still work with Renault's preset?

By the way, these look awesome and I see what you mean about Picasso. 

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

If you didn't post it I never would have known there's an update to xVision.  And since it's an update will it still work with Renault's preset?

I got a prompt to update when I fired up XV ... it was a surprise to me too!

No idea whether Renault's old presets work - or whether he's creating a new one. You could always ask [him]! :D

Just now, Adam Banks said:

I got a prompt to update when I fired up XV ... it was a surprise to me too!

No idea whether Renault's old presets work - or whether he's creating a new one. You could always ask [him]! :D

That's the thing, I never run it, to me it's like PTA, set it and forget it.

I'll have to ask him soon, thanks Adam!

Lovely stuff....I would however Adam take a look at your water and see if you can fix that dreaded XP, pattern effect. I just don't get how LR has let this go this long without fixing.

I use Ultra Water and it does the trick to fix this effect.

Bryan

7 hours ago, fltsimguy said:

Lovely stuff....I would however Adam take a look at your water and see if you can fix that dreaded XP, pattern effect. I just don't get how LR has let this go this long without fixing.

I use Ultra Water and it does the trick to fix this effect.

I've tried loads of fixes, LUA scripts etc.to try and fix  the awful water in XP - to no avail. I'll try your suggestion - but which one is it (so many)? Do you have a link?

13 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

10 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

Thanks - I'll take a look. Up until now, I've only been looking at freeware solutions ;)

Adam.

Yes its payware...best I can do, I gave up on lua scripts I was having so many conflicts and my lua would shut down. Deleted all the one's I tried and went payware.

On 5/12/2019 at 2:29 AM, jjaycee1 said:

Hi JJ, will this make UWXP unnecessary?  For some reason I Cann't get xVision to update to 1.25.  I have the latest version of XP which is 11.34r1.

But do I need to run the experimental version for xVision to auto-update to 1.25?

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi JJ, will this make UWXP unnecessary?  For some reason I Cann't get xVision to update to 1.25.  I have the latest version of XP which is 11.34r1.

But do I need to run the experimental version for xVision to auto-update to 1.25?

Hi Jack

1) Go to http://x-vision.pro/get.html   and download the Xvision_125.zip

2) Doubleclick the zip file

3) When it opens and displays  "Select a destination and extract files"

Browse to your existing XVision 1.21 folder , and when you click "extract" make sure that Overwrite Existing files is checked

4) Then you should be done 

5) When you now open Xvision  , Open an existing preset and go to the info tab

6) You should see the following:

XE4M1ho.png

21 hours ago, renault said:

Hi Jack

1) Go to http://x-vision.pro/get.html   and download the Xvision_125.zip

2) Doubleclick the zip file

3) When it opens and displays  "Select a destination and extract files"

Browse to your existing XVision 1.21 folder , and when you click "extract" make sure that Overwrite Existing files is checked

4) Then you should be done 

5) When you now open Xvision  , Open an existing preset and go to the info tab

6) You should see the following:

XE4M1ho.png

Hi Renault, hope you're well.  I did exactly as you suggested and it works, here's my results.

56LVr2C.png

Archived