Heathrow to EGHP

Jack Sawyer

Well, after buying a bunch of stuff I decided on a short helicopter flight to EGHP, only problem was I can turn on the autopilot but in this chopper I can't figure out how to shut it off so I never got a chance to land.

sobGtyL.jpg

VRCzJFW.jpg

GVRgWPQ.jpg

0rjUb37.jpg

cKQxMnF.jpg

Just now, craigeaglefire said:

always like your entertaining screenshots & stories, Jack...

need to learn to to be a skilled cameraman like you...

best regards,

craig

Thanks Craig!  I have to create a new comic soon, it's past time, been so busy lately.

7 minutes ago, Luquinhas said:

It is a Papa Romeo nice man! Thinking about going to X plane, how is it in performance, better than P3D ? 

Thank you.

Thanks, I won't get into which is better, (don't want my thread locked). I have both P3D 4.4 and XP and like them both, for me personally they each have their own strengths and weaknesses so at present they complement each other.

52 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks, I won't get into which is better, (don't want my thread locked). I have both P3D 4.4 and XP and like them both, for me personally they each have their own strengths and weaknesses so at present they complement each other.

haha..... very diplomatically answered Jack :P

To answer in a 'little' more detail..... performance in XPlane is better than P3D at the moment, we all know that, and with Vulkan coming it will only get better; what we don't know is what Lockheed Martin will bring to the table in the next version of P3D to address performance issues further,........

HOWEVER, the flight-sim experience is not just about performance;  there are many areas in which P3D is still better than XPlane, and it has a significantly higher number of 'professional' add-ons available due the longevity of the underlying codebase, so ultimately it depends on where you fly (for example TE regions), what type of flying you do (tubes or GA), the aircraft you fly (study level or not) and of course, your existing investment in one platform over the other; its a big step to learn a new platform, and an even bigger one to divert the wife's attention long enough to spend the cash that's required to configure a new simulator with a few toys :)

Personally I'm still using both sims at the moment, although XPlane has become my primary sim because it suits my personal requirements and it has a more accurate flight model (note.....not because of performance as the question was directed, although that's also better for me), with P3D becoming my secondary, whereas 6 months ago it was the other way around.... will it stay like that? I honestly don't know, but the future looks bright for sure

1 hour ago, TerryM said:

haha..... very diplomatically answered Jack :P

To answer in a 'little' more detail..... performance in XPlane is better than P3D at the moment, we all know that, and with Vulkan coming it will only get better; what we don't know is what Lockheed Martin will bring to the table in the next version of P3D to address performance issues further,........

HOWEVER, the flight-sim experience is not just about performance;  there are many areas in which P3D is still better than XPlane, and it has a significantly higher number of 'professional' add-ons available due the longevity of the underlying codebase, so ultimately it depends on where you fly (for example TE regions), what type of flying you do (tubes or GA), the aircraft you fly (study level or not) and of course, your existing investment in one platform over the other; its a big step to learn a new platform, and an even bigger one to divert the wife's attention long enough to spend the cash that's required to configure a new simulator with a few toys :)

Personally I'm still using both sims at the moment, although XPlane has become my primary sim because it suits my personal requirements and it has a more accurate flight model (note.....not because of performance as the question was directed, although that's also better for me), with P3D becoming my secondary, whereas 6 months ago it was the other way around.... will it stay like that? I honestly don't know, but the future looks bright for sure

Thanks Terry!  I try to be diplomatic about most things, don’t always succeed but I try.  I can understand your point of view and I too look forward to what Lockheed will do, competition is really good for this little industry.

1 hour ago, craigeaglefire said:

Hi Jack @Jack Sawyer,

you are just the person to ask what you are using as your image server to link into these forums?

i guess it will mean another darned password to remember...

Thanks Craig.  I use IMGUR, it’s free, fast, and easy to use.  If you need any help let me know.

41 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I’m going to too and will continue to buy Orbx’s stuff for both platforms.

& Jack,

what i would give for Orbx Canberra & Gold Coast & Orlando CityScapes for XP11, plus all the Orbx airports right now (in my P3Dv4+ collection)...

the best thing about this Orbx forum, & our passion for flight & places, is that it proves we actually are a global village - i love learning from others worldwide from lil' ol' Kyogle...

& i must admit speaking of flight & choppers - it was a thrill to visit your country in '88 - & treated myself to chopper rides over NYC & Grand Canyon Arizona - spectacular & forever memories...

1 hour ago, craigeaglefire said:

& Jack,

what i would give for Orbx Canberra & Gold Coast & Orlando CityScapes for XP11, plus all the Orbx airports right now (in my P3Dv4+ collection)...

the best thing about this Orbx forum, & our passion for flight & places, is that it proves we actually are a global village - i love learning from others worldwide from lil' ol' Kyogle...

& i must admit speaking of flight & choppers - it was a thrill to visit your country in '88 - & treated myself to chopper rides over NYC & Grand Canyon Arizona - spectacular & forever memories...

Cool!  I’ve always wanted to see the Grand Canyon even from the ground!

more great shots Jack , your just about dominating everything at the moment, great dedication to your flying and willingness to share, so much work for you but this is what makes these forums such a great place to hang out.

1 hour ago, Ken Hall said:

more great shots Jack , your just about dominating everything at the moment, great dedication to your flying and willingness to share, so much work for you but this is what makes these forums such a great place to hang out.

Thanks Ken, and very much appreciate your kind words!  You're right, this is the best place.  I would love to buy a round or two for all the good folks at Orbx.  If I get a chance to to to Orlando this year when the conference is on and Orbx is there the beers are on me!  I'm not too far from Orlando at all.

I have an exterior painting business, I tell my guys the hardest thing about falling off a ladder is hitting the ground. I guess that would somewhat apply here in your case Jack. Keep her aloft. 

Archived