Product Release Notifications

BG2518

I'm probably being boring but as a P3D user I have little interest in anything ORBX release for X-Plane or other sims.

Its probably worth ORBX allowing the filtering outgoing emails through user options so we don't get so many non-relevant emails.

Additionally, the Product Release area in the forum should probably be split accordingly also as its always a disappointment to see info on non-relevant products.

Hi

Thank you for your insight, it is much appreciated and we value suggestions to make the Orbx Experience better for our customers. I believe the idea for the emails received for all products related to any particular simulator is most of our customer base have a variety of simulation platforms installed and enjoy our products over the different Sim variants, I believe this makes it easy for our customers to have all the information needed in one email and or Release Announcement. I will pass on your suggestions to Senior Management.

Thanks Again

Richard

If the email had the name of the sim in it, as they usually do, i.e.  Gatwick for X-Plane Released, you wouldn't even have to take the 3-seconds to open it.  Not sure how that loss of time might affect your life, but....

5 hours ago, Doc_Z said:

If the email had the name of the sim in it, as they usually do, i.e.  Gatwick for X-Plane Released, you wouldn't even have to take the 3-seconds to open it.  Not sure how that loss of time might affect your life, but....

At my age every second counts...…………...

Resistance is futile.

Hi Richard.

I think there are much bigger issues concerning platform identification.   At least all new product release announcements seem to clearly identify the platform.   Emmsie also does a great job of clearly identifying the platform used for his screen shots in the Preview section.   The problem I am having in selected forums with Orbx postings (as a dedicated P3Dv4 user)  is the lack of platform identification in  some of the Orbx created topic headings or at the beginning of an Orbx post when coming product information is discussed or when reviews are provided etc.  The lack of platform clarity at the begining is confusing and sometimes never clear.   For example, here are the current  top 6 topics currently in the ORBX Product Review forum.

Helisimmer Reviews Elstree Aerodrome for X-Plane 11

Flightsim.com reviews Monument Valley

Only one of the 6 topics identifies the platform in the title.   For several, I literally have to read the review to find out which platform it is for.  The second and third are for XP.  I have found out through much research that the XP TrueEarth product has all kinds of differences when compared to the  P3Dv4 platform (different autogen, different peformance, different  graphical look (e.g. water) etc.  I might not even start to read a review that is not for a product on my platform.   The fourth is very narrow in platform.....P3Dv4 only!  The fifth is for P3D, I think, but it was never completely clear and I don't know if it works on FSX or not.   For the final one, Monument Valley, Aimee does mention X-Plane when you click on it but it could easily be in the title.

This was an easy example, the more difficult ones are postings by ORBX team members when certain coming  product features  or delivery information and so on are confirmed in response to a questions but platform is not so clear.   This topic was originally posted in November and is still active:

TrueEarth GB South - SP1 - new POIs

By John Venema, November 6, 2018 in Preview Screenshots and Videos 

Initiaily, I am pretty sure that the topic was talking about TrueEarth GB South - SP1 for X-Plane though it does not mention X--Plane in the topic heading.  Once TE GB South for P3Dv4 came out, this topic title is now unclear.   And yet there are many recent posts in this topic talking about what is coming in SP1 and that it is expected anytime.   The X-Plane TE GB South product is awaiting fixes and additional models and so is the P3Dv4 TE GB South product.  The question I have: is this topic meant to say what is coming for both platforms or just X-Plane?  If it is just for X-Plane then where is the corresponding P3Dv4 topic? 

This information is solely provided to help explain the confusion that users might be having because of missing platform identification.  Hopefully you can also pass this perceived problem, at least by me,  up to Senior management.

Thanks,

Rod

Hello,

I note your comments about the reviews and I have amended each title so that

no one has to waste a few seconds opening a topic that they then decide is not for them.

It must be said that in one case, when reviewed there was only one version of that product

and that even the reviews do not always make it clear which platform the products are for.

As to the "TrueEarth GB South - SP1 - new POIs" topic, there is only one because all suggestions

that are accepted will be added to all versions.

Most of the support requests can now be identified by which forum they are in because we no

longer leave them in the "General Discussion - no support requests here please" where so many

used to be posted. Clearly it is a waste of support staff's time as well if the customer does not specify

which simulator the question refers to.

Therefore, if you visit the XPlane 11 support forum, for example, you will be very unlucky to find yourself

reading about a product that does not work in X Plane 11.

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

As to the "TrueEarth GB South - SP1 - new POIs" topic, there is only one because all suggestions

that are accepted will be added to all versions.

Hi Nick,

Thanks!   This the first I have seen that point made clearly.  Maybe I missed it before.

Rod 

Archived