Stapleford to EGLC testing

Jack Sawyer

15 minutes ago, BradB said:

Wonderful shots Jack , and congrats on your first bridge in XP to circumvent .......:):blink::rolleyes::o:lol:

Cheers

John

Thanks John, but I made a huge mistake.  I had set Renault’s preset then moved the folder.  On a lark just a few minutes ago I ran xVision and saw that it said there was an error and couldn’t locate his file so it reverted back to the default one which these shots are.  So I installed his.

But right now I’m flying over the updated Orlando and see a HUGE difference.  MMuch better and highly recommended.

Thanks @Ed Correia!

7 minutes ago, lauriebe said:

Very nice set Jack.  Such a shame that those bridges keep getting in the way. :rolleyes:

Thanks Lawrence.

Have you made any changes to the keyboard commands?

I have and they won’t stay between running it and shutting it down and re-running it.

I only changed five keyboard commands and when I reboot the sim they go back to the default.

Just now, olderndirt said:

Buckingham announced an active search for the pilot of the Beechcraft in question.  Speculation varies from beheading to awarding a gong.  It takes the publics' mind off other pending events.

Buckingham paid me to do this OND!  They all had tea and crumpets and awarded me some kind of cool cross. :) 

5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Lawrence.

Have you made any changes to the keyboard commands?

I have and they won’t stay between running it and shutting it down and re-running it.

I only changed five keyboard commands and when I reboot the sim they go back to the default.

Jack, I have not yet got around to changing any keyboard commands.  Must admit, I really need to do that at some time.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Buckingham paid me to do this OND!  They all had tea and crumpets and awarded me some kind of cool cross. :) 

Probably the 'George Cross' a civilian award for valor - George is good but you should hold out for Jack and see if it has a yellow ribbon.

Just now, olderndirt said:

Forgot to mention - your Bonanza appeared to change color on final to London City.  Was this part of your getaway plan?

I was doing so much testing with different planes and liveries it wasn’t funny. 

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Well your "locate the nearest bridge and fly under it" key is working fine.

A wonderful set of images.

:lol: That's my favorite key Martyn! :lol:  I couldn't help myself, it was all in the name of testing.  I love this TEGB stuff and haven't even ventured into the other two areas  yet.

12 minutes ago, wain71 said:

great shots Jack, looks like you are having fun getting it all setup.....a quick question ...on your GTN the ground is yellow and red, can you explain please, mine is usually green....

Thanks Wayne, now there's a question I can answer because I have the same GTN in P3D.  When you see the yellow you're getting too close to the terrain, red means a crash into terrain in imminent.

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Wayne, now there's a question I can answer because I have the same GTN in P3D.  When you see the yellow you're getting too close to the terrain, red means a crash into terrain in imminent.

so I just press the terrain button or does it do this automatically?

2 minutes ago, wain71 said:

so I just press the terrain button or does it do this automatically?

It does it automatically but you'll hear "Betty" nagging you saying, "Terrain, pull up" but if you go to the terrain screen settings you can turn off the warnings, I always do that first.

6 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

It does it automatically but you'll hear "Betty" nagging you saying, "Terrain, pull up" but if you go to the terrain screen settings you can turn off the warnings, I always do that first.

Thanks Jack, very helpful, only had this a short while but it's by far one of the best addons I have bought.......

1 minute ago, wain71 said:

Thanks Jack, very helpful, only had this a short while but it's by far one of the best addons I have bought.......

I've had it for years on P3D and it's my all-time favorite add-on.  A real one would cost $15K US.  It's my most used device and I try to only buy planes where I can use it.  It's the most intuitive GPS out there and having spent my life working real avionics I can yell you this is impressive.  If you even need any help with it let me know.  You can create complex flight plans, modify a plan while in flight graphically by just dragging a line to a waypoint and do all kinds of approaches.

11 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I've had it for years on P3D and it's my all-time favorite add-on.  A real one would cost $15K US.  It's my most used device and I try to only buy planes where I can use it.  It's the most intuitive GPS out there and having spent my life working real avionics I can yell you this is impressive.  If you even need any help with it let me know.  You can create complex flight plans, modify a plan while in flight graphically by just dragging a line to a waypoint and do all kinds of approaches.

the one issue I have had is adding procedure, however I added them in flight and it then went off course, there is a lot to learn but it seems to be worth the homework....thanks...

12 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Terry, yes, it was simply one line in the ini file that JJ had straightened out for me.  

JJ? fair enough..... and there I was thinking it was me that gave you the 2 lines that needed fixing up in the ini file :P

Just now, TerryM said:

JJ? fair enough..... and there I was thinking it was me that gave you the 2 lines that needed fixing up in the ini file :P

I’m very sorry Terry, it was you, my bad.  Been pretty hectic here lately.  Much appreciated the help and it works perfectly.

Great shots, Jack !  

I would like to have another baby in the family,

... but unfortunately,  since the wife insists I can only feed one simulator at a time,  I will stick with P3D as my next new build choice.

50 minutes ago, MZee1960 said:

Great shots, Jack !  

I would like to have another baby in the family,

... but unfortunately,  since the wife insists I can only feed one simulator at a time,  I will stick with P3D as my next new build choice.

Thanks MZ!  I don’t know what’s less expensive and less costly, a baby or XP? :lol:  It certainly takes up a heck of a lot of my time.

32 minutes ago, adambar said:

Picking up where you left off in P3D I see. :D  Top shots  from XP Jack! :)

Thanks Adam, for some reason if there’s a bridge I have to fly under it, I guess I was a barnstormer in a past life. :)

Archived