Nothing special.

FILOU

32 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Looks nice FILOU, when you say 4K, is that what you have the monitor set in XP's settings?  Or are ou using a 4K monitor like me?

Thank you Jack.I use 4K monitor BenQ EW3270U 32" 4K 

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

So you do or do not have the settings in XP set to 4K?

If you choose in XP setting  monitor "Default" it goes directly to the monitor resolution that you have .In my case 4k

5 minutes ago, FILOU said:

If you choose in XP setting  monitor "Default" it goes directly to the monitor resolution that you have .In my case 4k

Brilliant, thanks FLIOU!  That's what I was looking for, many thanks my friend!  

I just bought the ASXP and UWXP but have to install them.  Having problems with the Carenado Bonanza not putting the GTN750 in the cockpit like the Just Flight Arrows III/IV.  Pulling my hair out because this is all so new to me.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

I just bought the ASXP and UWXP but have to install them.  Having problems with the Carenado Bonanza not putting the GTN750 in the cockpit like the Just Flight Arrows III/IV.  Pulling my hair out because this is all so new to me.

You are always welcome Jack

All that is new allows us to stay alive and stimulate our brain :D

In any case your progress is fast.

I do not use it yet the GTN750 but it really makes you want!

To change the cloud and sky textures directly in XP with UWXP after installation you must follow this procedure:

1 minute ago, FILOU said:

To change the cloud and sky textures directly in XP with UWXP after installation you must follow this procedure:

Thanks FILOU, I will, hopefully today.

31 minutes ago, fltsimguy said:

Also question....I see there is/are some "improved" cloud sets available.....is anyone using or tried these?

Ultra Weather XP - improved cloud sets by Marc Westhofen 1.0.0 Clouds

UWXP clouds by default are already good enough for me.

PcyINEY.jpg

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Jack, 

Which Bonanza did you buy?

I have the V-Tail and the GTN750 fits in their nicely

Carenado make the F33 and the V35 Bonanza.

The F33 should just work out of the box because its designed for XP11, you will probably have to go into the plugin menu and set it as the primary I think but that should be all.

The V35 is for XPlane 10, so I think I may have installed a custom panel, I will check for you in a bit....... I'm just installing South America at the moment and the XPlane CDN is a little slow.

By the way, the SimCoders do a REP pack for both which makes them both much much nicer 

Just now, TerryM said:

Carenado make the F33 and the V35 Bonanza.

The F33 should just work out of the box because its designed for XP11, you will probably have to go into the plugin menu and set it as the primary I think but that should be all.

The V35 is for XPlane 10, so I think I may have installed a custom panel, I will check for you in a bit....... I'm just installing South America at the moment and the XPlane CDN is a little slow.

PM’ing

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Terry, but this is, I mean, literally light years over my head.

Jack..... I've PM'd you the fix to get the GTN750 working in the dash panel of the Bonanza F33 :)

zAvCcA1.png

2 hours ago, TerryM said:

Jack..... I've PM'd you the fix to get the GTN750 working in the dash panel of the Bonanza F33 :)

zAvCcA1.png

Thanks Terry, you are a genius!  I’m extremely happy with XP now, and with XPAS working all I need to do is install UWXP and some other things.  This is a serious contender against P3D.  They’re both good though.

5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Terry, you are a genius!  I’m extremely happy with XP now, and with XPAS working all I need to do is install UWXP and some other things.  This is a serious contender against P3D.  They’re both good though.

ASXP and UltraWeatherXP work together....

At this point ASXP only injects the weather, and modifies things like gust characteristics...... it doesn't render the weather; it will be another year before ASXP does that.

XPlane is now a serious contender for sure, development is progressing much quicker than with P3D, it's smoother and more performant, and with Vulkan coming soon, it will only get better..... LM will need to make some significant changes otherwise they're gonna be playing catch up for the next few years, and that's assuming they actually care, because let's be honest, P3D is just a small dot in their business.  A lot more developers are coming onboard as well, even PMDG if rumours are to be believed. 

On 3/1/2019 at 12:26 PM, FILOU said:

FILOU, I don’t understand what he’s doing here, it’s so fast.  He did a search for cloud puffs.  Then he loaded then reloaded them?  Why?  I wish he had spoken about what and why he was doing what he was doing.

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

FILOU, I don’t understand what he’s doing here, it’s so fast.  He did a search for cloud puffs.  Then he loaded then reloaded them?  Why?  I wish he had spoken about what and why he was doing what he was doing.

For the UWXP plugin the only way to change the sky or clouds without closing XP this is the procedure to follow in this video.

In the  youtube videos settings you can decrease the speed.

3 hours ago, FILOU said:

For the UWXP plugin the only way to change the sky or clouds without closing XP this is the procedure to follow in this video.

In the  youtube videos settings you can decrease the speed.

FILOU, I'm confused, today I plan on installing this.

So let me get this correct, I need to have XP running in order to use this?  I can't run it while XP is shut down?

And even at slow mode I don't understand what he's doing, it appears that he's simply selecting all the cloud puffs to see how they look?

I was going to just run it and set it up per your post here as well as modifying Renault's settings in xVision also per the same post.

Thanks.

Jack page 18 in the manual explains what he is doing in the video...I personally have it set to random so it does it for me, I like a bit of variation......but yes as I understanding he is viewing and changing the items he is looking at....

12 minutes ago, wain71 said:

Jack page 18 in the manual explains what he is doing in the video...I personally have it set to random so it does it for me, I like a bit of variation......but yes as I understanding he is viewing and changing the items he is looking at....

Thanks Wayne!  That's what I thought!  Thanks for that page 18, I had read it and now that I re-read it all I can think of he's got to be kidding!  Really?  Install the thing and then do all this faffing around in XP?  Guess I have no choice. :wacko:

Archived