Little yellow bird.

FILOU

Sorry to hear you're having problems Jack.  My system is quite antiquated by modern standards, i7 2600k, 1070 GPU, 16Gb Ram but I still get lovely smooth flight with X-Plane.  OK not everything turned up full, in fact it follows closely onto JV's suggestions, But using xvision, UWXP, ASXP, Live Traffic,WT3 and PF3 I get pretty good results.  Oh and of course I'm using TEGB (all 3 regions)!

There is a learning curve after using P3Dv4, but keep persevering it will be worth it.

Pete

30 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Looks very fine.  Installed XP last night but I'm having so many problems I may have to live without it.

Please be patient Jack. I promise to help you I will go to the end. I sent you a message.

4 minutes ago, petehowell57 said:

Sorry to hear you're having problems Jack.  My system is quite antiquated by modern standards, i7 2600k, 1070 GPU, 16Gb Ram but I still get lovely smooth flight with X-Plane.  OK not everything turned up full, in fact it follows closely onto JV's suggestions, But using xvision, UWXP, ASXP, Live Traffic,WT3 and PF3 I get pretty good results.  Oh and of course I'm using TEGB (all 3 regions)!

There is a learning curve after using P3Dv4, but keep persevering it will be worth it.

Pete

Thanks will try but if I can’t get past this constant demand that I recalibrate then it’s not going to work.  Does EVERY plane need to have separate calibrations?  And if so how do I link them to the planes?

Jack you aren't alone, when I first tried XP10 then 11 I was really struggling....P3D/FSX comes naturally after many years but you get there in time....my problem now is because I swop from one to the other all the time I have to remember what to do...however I did set the controller the same for both sims.....sometimes if you have more than 1 thing plugged in it might be asking you to calibrate it.....I regularly have a XBOX360 controller plugged in for other stuff, I always unplug it now to avoid conflicts and re-calibration warnings...best of luck sir, and take your time and don't stress....you still have p3d....

1 minute ago, wain71 said:

Jack you aren't alone, when I first tried XP10 then 11 I was really struggling....P3D/FSX comes naturally after many years but you get there in time....my problem now is because I swop from one to the other all the time I have to remember what to do...however I did set the controller the same for both sims.....sometimes if you have more than 1 thing plugged in it might be asking you to calibrate it.....I regularly have a XBOX360 controller plugged in for other stuff, I always unplug it now to avoid conflicts and re-calibration warnings...best of luck sir, and take your time and don't stress....you still have p3d....

Thanks Wayne.  I have all these plugged in at the same time and use FSUIPC only so it isolates things.

VirtualFly Yoko yoke - for all planes

Virtual Fly TQ6 Dual quad - for jets and turbo props

Ruddo pedals - for all planes

Saitek TPM - for GA planes

Thrustmaster HOTAS stick - Only for helicopters

But in XP it wants me to calibrate all these things all the time.  Every time I go to a different screen, say Graphics, then come back to Calibrate it tells me I must calibrate all of these devices.

I also have something so bizarre I have no idea what it is.

It says under Device:

VID:0x1532PID:0x0207

Now I know I have no there flight controls.  I do have an Orb weaver but when I tried hitting all the keys on it I get nothing.  And it's always nagging and demanding I calibrate this whatever it is.

So yeah, patience, trial and error, YT's, and a lot of this: :banghead:

Jack, I regularly swap between planes in XP11, and then to P3D when the mood takes me.  I will admit I have a pretty simplistic controller (thrustmaster combined stick and throttle unit) but once calibrated I never get asked to do it again. As with Wain71 above I set the controller functions the same for both SIMS.  Working out how to allocate buttons to functions in XP11 took some learning/patience, but once mastered it is straightforward.

The reward of flying over TEGB in XP11 is well worth the effort.  I love all ORBX products but I think TE looks better in X plane than P3D - well for me anyway.

Pete

Just now, petehowell57 said:

Jack, I regularly swap between planes in XP11, and then to P3D when the mood takes me.  I will admit I have a pretty simplistic controller (thrustmaster combined stick and throttle unit) but once calibrated I never get asked to do it again. As with Wain71 above I set the controller functions the same for both SIMS.  Working out how to allocate buttons to functions in XP11 took some learning/patience, but once mastered it is straightforward.

The reward of flying over TEGB in XP11 is well worth the effort.  I love all ORBX products but I think TE looks better in X plane than P3D - well for me anyway.

Pete

Thanks Pete but I don't understand something.

When you say you set them the same for both sims you mean forward on the yoke plane goes down right?  I mean, how could P3D and XP use each other's settings?

FSUIPC is a huge deal for me in P3D.  But with XP I can calibrate and then it asks five minutes later to calibrate.

And look at this pink box on the lower right, it's always there and no idea how to resolve it.  And this bizarre device ID:

dQvoYSJ.png

4 minutes ago, wain71 said:

that box will be because you have more than 1 controller plugged in that has a throttle axis.......not sure on the code, another display? do you have any small saitek panels? sorry I forgot their name....

Yes, I have a small display I use for Little Nav Map but how does one calibrate it as a flight control? :wacko:

And I have the Saitek TPM which is a throttle control and the TQ6 which is a throttle control.

So I have to literally unplug one?  Don't really want to do that as it messes up Windows assignments for those devices.

Can't XP ignore one or the other?

I have a small display, like a reverse camera screen in a car, use it for moving map but that plugs into card but you are right that shouldn't need calibrating so it must be something else....usually having the other controller plugged in doesn't give me an issue but the ither day the rudder malfunctioned and unplugging the other controller solved it......try ignoring the warning and see if you can fly ok.....have to go to work now, hope you get some more suggestions.....

Sorry Jack you have a far more sophisticated setup than my poor brain could cope with!  I agree with Wain71 that it looks as though XP11 is finding more than one throttle axis and this is causing the problem(s). Can you try the XP version of FSUIPC?  Is it called XUIPC or XPUIPC?  Don't know if it works in the same way.

We need an XP expert on board. I really hope you can get it sorted.  Oh and yes push forward on stick etc puts nose down etc.  I just set it up on each SIM as if the other didn't exist.  Have to keep it the same for both or I would confuse myself!!  Do you get an image of your joystick?  XP usually displays one and this makes it much easier to allocate the button functions.

Not very helpful I know, but I'm sure someone out there can help.

Pete

21 minutes ago, petehowell57 said:

Sorry Jack you have a far more sophisticated setup than my poor brain could cope with!  I agree with Wain71 that it looks as though XP11 is finding more than one throttle axis and this is causing the problem(s). Can you try the XP version of FSUIPC?  Is it called XUIPC or XPUIPC?  Don't know if it works in the same way.

We need an XP expert on board. I really hope you can get it sorted.  Oh and yes push forward on stick etc puts nose down etc.  I just set it up on each SIM as if the other didn't exist.  Have to keep it the same for both or I would confuse myself!!  Do you get an image of your joystick?  XP usually displays one and this makes it much easier to allocate the button functions.

Not very helpful I know, but I'm sure someone out there can help.

Pete

Thanks Pete.  Never heard of this XPUIPC, where would I get it?

I don’t get any images for any of the above except the HOTAS, it almost seems to me that XP is designed exclusively for joystick use only and not yokes, I may be wrong for all I know.

Hi Jack

Type it into Google. As I say I don't know how, or even if, it's related to the familiar FSUIPC.   I would imagine some users of XP will have yokes. Will have to wait and hear from them. It is annoying and frustrating whebnthings aren't simply plug and play!!

Pete

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Pete.  Never heard of this XPUIPC, where would I get it?

I don’t get any images for any of the above except the HOTAS, it almost seems to me that XP is designed exclusively for joystick use only and not yokes, I may be wrong for all I know.

Give this thread a read Jack :

Project Fly looks like it replaces XPUIPC , thou there is a DL for XPUIPC . I only run a TM throttle/joystick with XP11 so I can't be of much help .

John

1 minute ago, BradB said:

Give this thread a read Jack :

Project Fly looks like it replaces XPUIPC , thou there is a DL for XPUIPC . I only run a TM throttle/joystick with XP11 so I can't be of much help .

John

Thanks John, going for a long hike, way too frustrated.  It seems like I have to unplug devices and recalibrate and reassign controls every single time I want to fly a different plane.  This is very unintuitive to me.  So I’m going to give it a rest and look at some YT’s.  Otherwise it get’s deleted and I’ll never see Orbx’s cool stuff for it.  Right now my frustration level is close to the point of infinity.

11 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John, going for a long hike, way too frustrated.  It seems like I have to unplug devices and recalibrate and reassign controls every single time I want to fly a different plane.  This is very unintuitive to me.  So I’m going to give it a rest and look at some YT’s.  Otherwise it get’s deleted and I’ll never see Orbx’s cool stuff for it.  Right now my frustration level is close to the point of infinity.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge of setting up advanced flight controls for XP11 can help you . Remember Rome was not built in a day , so try to stay positive. 

John

Don't over complicate things with FSCUIP for XP11.

XP11 has one of the best calibration subsystems there is, and as others have said, it has found two controllers than are both providing throttle inputs. 

The easy solution is:

1. Decide which of the thottle controllers you want to use for XP11

2. Choose the controller you DON'T want to use, then go to each input it feeds to XP and unassign it. In other words, you're telling XP to ignore those inputs

3. Once you have unassigned all the levers and buttons for the non-wanted controller, go back and assign them to the wanted one

Google is always your best friend with XP11. A search of "xp11 ignore controller input" results in this link for the same sort of problem asked and answer I've given:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/151427-disabling-joysticks-xp1121r2/

Because you have a plethora of controllers Jack, you need a little patience to tell the sim exactly what to do with each of them. The biggest task I had when first using XP11 was to assign my controllers, but thankfully it is flexible enough to allow you to have almost identical mappings to FSX or P3D.

XP11 actually allows an incredible amount of functions to be mapped to hardware controller, literally several hundred. This makes it one of the most hardware-friendly sims out there. For instance when I am working I want quick access to flights and a clear desk. So I use an XBOX One controller (please don't laugh at me people :) ). 

The XBOX One controller has 16 buttons and two analog sticks. Using these I can:

1. Set the throttle
  2. Apply rudder pedals
  3. Provide yoke input
  4. Set elevator trim
  5. Apply/release parking brakes
  6. Set my flaps
  7. Change the time of day forwards or backwards rapidly
  8. Engage my autopilot and set HDG on
  9. Move the heading indicator bug left or right
  10. Set autopilot ALT on or off
  11. Zoom my view when I am in VR
  12. Reset pilot view when I am in VR

All this without ever touching the keyboard! This lets me fly most aircraft while I am inside VR without needing the VR controller or keyboard.

Jack, don't be in a rush. Things will fall into place, it just takes a little time.

4 minutes ago, John Venema said:

XP11 has one of the best calibration subsystems there is, and as others have said, it has found two controllers than are both providing throttle inputs. 

The easy solution is:

2. Choose the controller you DON'T want to use, then go to each input it feeds to XP and unassign it. In other words, you're telling XP to ignore those inputs

3. Once you have unassigned all the levers and buttons for the non-wanted controller, go back and assign them to the wanted one

Google is always your best friend with XP11. A search of "xp11 ignore controller input" results in this link for the same sort of problem asked and answer I've given:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/151427-disabling-joysticks-xp1121r2/

Because you have a plethora of controllers Jack, you need a little patience to tell the sim exactly what to do with each of them. The biggest task I had when first using XP11 was to assign my controllers, but thankfully it is flexible enough to allow you to have almost identical mappings to FSX or P3D.

XP11 actually allows an incredible amount of functions to be mapped to hardware controller, literally several hundred. This makes it one of the most hardware-friendly sims out there. For instance when I am working I want quick access to flights and a clear desk. So I use an XBOX One controller (please don't laugh at me people :) ). 

The XBOX One controller has 16 buttons and two analog sticks. Using these I can:

1. Set the throttle
  2. Apply rudder pedals
  3. Provide yoke input
  4. Set elevator trim
  6. Set my flaps

All this without ever touching the keyboard! This lets me fly most aircraft while I am inside VR without needing the VR controller or keyboard.

Jack, don't be in a rush. Things will fall into place, it just takes a little time.

Thanks John!  Very valuable information and I appreciate it.  I plan on a YT marathon the next several days.  I’ll get it sorted yet.  Appreciate your help!

16 minutes ago, John Venema said:

This is an absolute truth... I tried XP 10 and 11 (demo) more times than I care to remember Jack, with more problems than I care to remember, but then one day it clicked, and I found solutions to my issues - you will find yours too - and it just all fell into place. That same day I bought the full version XP11 and have never regretted it... it's well worth getting used to, just don't despair and throw in the towel.

FILOU... stunning shots!!! B)

6 minutes ago, Mark Abdey said:

This is an absolute truth... I tried XP 10 and 11 (demo) more times than I care to remember Jack, with more problems than I care to remember, but then one day it clicked, and I found solutions to my issues - you will find yours too - and it just all fell into place. That same day I bought the full version XP11 and have never regretted it... it's well worth getting used to, just don't despair and throw in the towel.

FILOU... stunning shots!!! B)

Thanks Mark.  I’ll get it working eventually. ;) 

32 minutes ago, John Venema said:

The easy solution is:

1. Set the throttle
  2. Apply rudder pedals
  3. Provide yoke input
  4. Set elevator trim
  6. Set my flaps

John, I’m away from the PC right now hiking but as I was walking I thought about what you said.  Does this mean that if I go from a 182 which would be mapped to the Saitek TPM and then go to to a 747 I’ll have to have the TPM  ignored and set up the TQ6?  Is there a way to save mapped controllers to certain aircraft?

By the way, I like the Xbox idea, I have a spare wired one I can try later.

Thanks 

Archived