P3D 4.4 TEGB EGHI to EGFF part 3

Jack Sawyer

Although my sim time is quite limited ATM,  I've managed to pop in here every other day, or so, to check up on where things are headed WRT the sim world, in general.  I remember a few weeks ago you had mentioned some things related to your P3D setup and 'fix' or 're-install' you had to do to get things back to 100%. Well, as they say, 'no pain - no gain'. Your current P3D sim setup, Jack, just blows me away !  These look like true life digital photos on my laptop, and if you don't mind, down the road, I will probably ask you for your PTA settings at the very least - that is when I make the jump over to P3D.

My 'computer guy' is waiting at the starting gate for the build and what started out as an i7 9700k air cooled CPU, with GeForce 1080 Ti, 32GB RAM and 2x 2TB SSD's has quickly ground to a halt when the GPU was no longer available for order.  Now his tune involves an i9 9900x decacore water-cooled CPU, Nvidia RTX Titan 24GB PCI-E GPU, 64GB RAM and 'at least' 2x 2TB SSD's - all at more than double the original price. .... Has me scratching my head, if worth it ?  Perhaps I'll just spend the money on a new Porsche and pocket the difference , lol !  Flightsim is 'a moving target' and development is so rapid paced now, it's mind boggling to try to cover all the bases. Now I'm hearing P3DV5 will showcase something never seen before, yet again - something to keep the newest hardware running at full capacity, IMHO. I guess, I'll have to jump in sometime this year, as I've nursed FSX long enough.

12 minutes ago, MZee1960 said:

Although my sim time is quite limited ATM,  I've managed to pop in here every other day, or so, to check up on where things are headed WRT the sim world, in general.  I remember a few weeks ago you had mentioned some things related to your P3D setup and 'fix' or 're-install' you had to do to get things back to 100%. Well, as they say, 'no pain - no gain'. Your current P3D sim setup, Jack, just blows me away !  These look like true life digital photos on my laptop, and if you don't mind, down the road, I will probably ask you for your PTA settings at the very least - that is when I make the jump over to P3D.

My 'computer guy' is waiting at the starting gate for the build and what started out as an i7 9700k air cooled CPU, with GeForce 1080 Ti, 32GB RAM and 2x 2TB SSD's has quickly ground to a halt when the GPU was no longer available for order.  Now his tune involves an i9 9900x decacore water-cooled CPU, Nvidia RTX Titan 24GB PCI-E GPU, 64GB RAM and 'at least' 2x 2TB SSD's - all at more than double the original price. .... Has me scratching my head, if worth it ?  Perhaps I'll just spend the money on a new Porsche and pocket the difference , lol !  Flightsim is 'a moving target' and development is so rapid paced now, it's mind boggling to try to cover all the bases. Now I'm hearing P3DV5 will showcase something never seen before, yet again - something to keep the newest hardware running at full capacity, IMHO. I guess, I'll have to jump in sometime this year, as I've nursed FSX long enough.

Thank you for the very kind words MZ!  I'd be glad to share when you're ready.  I took Matt Davie's PTA profile and slightly modified it.

As for that system, wow, it can power the Starship Enterprise!  Very nice.  I reckon I'll be doing this too in a couple of years.  I have Jetline build mine and this is my second one, built last May.

Buy a new Porsche!  :lol:  I was most fortunate to have an inheritance and buy a new Corvette. :wub:

Archived