A North Wales Trio.

Mark Abdey

If we could just take some from each ….. Your clouds and shadows  from P3d,  water textures from FSX and some of XPlane's lighting engine effects, your incredible skill and artistry  and roll them together we would have the ultimate screenshot.  We would call it "Real LIfe" :)

I enjoy these so very much!

Thanks

Cheers

Renault

10 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Mark, these a fantastic shots, looks as good as True Earth!!!!

Thank you very much :) A testament to the guys that did the textures for Wales, but you still see that patched-together look that TE doesn't have.

9 hours ago, BradB said:

You keep posting shots like this Mark , JV should put you back on the team . :):D

Thank you John... The offer was there, but we have chronic broadband, and these are huge packages, making it unpractical sadly :'(

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

These are incredible quality and I am waiting to see what you do with TEGB when it is available for P3D.:D

Thanks Martyn... same issue. We'll see, as I really-really want this scenery.

9 hours ago, renault said:

If we could just take some from each ….. Your clouds and shadows  from P3d,  water textures from FSX and some of XPlane's lighting engine effects, your incredible skill and artistry  and roll them together we would have the ultimate screenshot.  We would call it "Real LIfe" :)

I know Renault... All the platforms have something to offer and something that is last than optimal. It's all good though, and each iteration gets that bit closer... they all need a bit of extra work on our part though and probably always will... I enjoy this aspect too; making it my own.

8 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Thanks, Mark. Fun to go soaring and swooping with you. :)

Thanks Rodger... I love this little plane, it's so much fun, as long as you don't want to get anywhere fast.

7 hours ago, lauriebe said:

Lovely shots Mark.

Cheers Lauriebe :)

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Your settings are just incredible Mark!  I have your PTA but does in include the P3D HDR settings?  These shots right here actually look like TEGB for XP, at least to me they do.

Hi Jack, thank you... Yes the PTA (and this is a slightly different one) uses HDR.

2 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand set these Mark.

Many thanks Iain.

1 hour ago, musterpilot said:

Great shots I bet the old tiger took some getting to that height

Thanks John... Not that high in these @ around 3400ft asl I think. She seemed happy enough :D

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Mark but I was wondering what the numbers are on the one you posted or are they incorporated into the preset?

HI Jack... Yes the preset will set the HDR values in P3D to match the way I made it. You may need to change them according to your display output and sky textures, which can have a huge effect on lighting levels.

1 minute ago, Mark Abdey said:

HI Jack... Yes the preset will set the HDR values in P3D to match the way I made it. You may need to change them according to your display output and sky textures, which can have a huge effect on lighting levels.

Thanks Mark.

4 hours ago, Mark Abdey said:

Hey Mark , can you share your preset for your shots . :):)

John

1 minute ago, Mark Abdey said:

John & Jack... I've attached it to the post. See below.

All the best...

MarkAPTA024.ini

Mark, I was just gonna PM you.  I tried your last preset but it PTA didn’t see it.  It shows as just a text document on the PC, and when I rename it .ini it still won’t show.  I’ll try this one too.

What I have to do, because I have no email set up on the PC, I grab the preset on my Mac and USB stick it to the PC.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Can you email it to me?  I think you still have my email address?

I've just tested the attachment and it works fine for me.. Are you using PTA version 2.63? Try downloading it again in case there was a problem.

I don't have your email... PM it and I'll send the file to you.  It'll be in the morning (UK time) as I'm signing off now :)

23 minutes ago, Mark Abdey said:

I've just tested the attachment and it works fine for me.. Are you using PTA version 2.63? Try downloading it again in case there was a problem.

I don't have your email... PM it and I'll send the file to you.  It'll be in the morning (UK time) as I'm signing off now :)

I can’t even download it,Orbx won’t let me.

Thanks 

Archived