The Spitfire 6-5 Special

Adam Banks

I decided I can't compete with XP11 and TEGB, so I had to resort to desperate measures. Roll out the Spitfires!!!! If that doesn't work, I may just have to take a squadron down to Milford Sound :D! These were are snapped while testing my latest Tomato-Shade preset (27_01 ... coming soon, folks!!).

For those people as old as I am (ie. *ancient*) .. "The 6-5 Special" was an early BBC TV series. All I can remember is the intro (a "Coronation Scot" loco) - though I'm sorry to say I can still sing the ghastly signature tune. The "6-5" in the title is because I originally had 6 shots but dumped one to make five! So ... onto the goodies ...

The RealAir Spit somewhere over NZNI (hard to tell - much of it looks like this)!

ts-01-spit-01-301-1350.jpg?dl=1

The JustFlight Dunkirk Spitfire on a muggy day:

ts-07-spit-02-778-1350.jpg?dl=1

Enter the A2A/WOP3 variant:

ts-spit-05-134-1350.jpg?dl=1

Same location, I think ... Al Deere's Spitfire (A2A):

ts-spit-03-432-1350.jpg?dl=1

... and now time to peel off and go home!

ts-spit-04-407-1350.jpg?dl=1

Adam.

11 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

....  Are these great colors a result of you preset???????

They are indeed! I'm on safe ground when it comes to the greens and blues of NZ or the UK, but it's hard to get decent "red" landscapes (in Aussie etc.) as they look washed out. If I add a bit of red throughout, then the greens go all yukky. If I compromise and go for something in-between, the *both* look terrible! :lol:

Adam.

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Incredible Adam.  Is this replacing PTA?

PM with details if you need to?

Yes ... and no!!

It's almost a total clone of PTA, but it's free. It has a few additional features (nothing major) but the GUI is not as good. When I edit in TS, I end up having PTA open as well - just so I can see the preview screens, default values etc.

There's a totally revamped version of PTA on its way, I think, so there's probably no desperate need to make a switch.

Adam.

Just now, Adam Banks said:

Yes ... and no!!

It's almost a total clone of PTA, but it's free. It has a few additional features (nothing major) but the GUI is not as good. When I edit in TS, I end up having PTA open as well - just so I can see the preview screens, default values etc.

There's a totally revamped version of PTA on its way, I think, so there's probably no desperate need to make a switch.

Adam.

Excellent Adam, many, many thanks to you!

Archived