This is London

VH-KDK

As glad as I was to have my old country in FTX, the towns just didn't look right.

No rows of terraced back to back housing which are so prevalent in the old and industrial areas.

How different it is now.

HymgT3y.jpg

Over East Ham with the Boleyn Ground, the former home of West Ham United, in full.

Sssshhhhhh, if you are very quiet I am sure you can hear Alf Garnet!

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice one MArtyn but who is Alf Garnet? :(

Thanks Jack. Alf Garnet was a TV character from the 60s who lived in the East End of London and was a total bigot. 'Till Death us do Part, was a very funny comedy show that was renown for its tame (by todays standards) swearing. A delightfully un PC a programme that would make soy curdle today.:lol::lol::lol:

50 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Jack. Alf Garnet was a TV character from the 60s who lived in the East End of London and was a total bigot. 'Till Death us do Part, was a very funny comedy show that was renown for its tame (by todays standards) swearing. A delightfully un PC a programme that would make soy curdle today.:lol::lol::lol:

This reminds me exactly of  "All In The Family" here from the 70's.

46 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

This reminds me exactly of  "All In The Family" here from the 70's.

The same programme that All in the Family was based on.

I think you had another, Stanford and Son which was based on the brilliant British comedy "Steptoe and Son.

Those were the Halcyon Days of comedy and I am glad I have many on DVDs as I can imagine them being banned in the not too distant future.:(

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:14 PM, Chunk said:

That’s a phenomenal shot!!! I’m trying to hold out on X-Plane for now, but ORBX is making it rather difficult. 

Thank you Chunk.

I suppose the real draw for me was the True Earth rendition of my former area.

I am having a great time exploring places I knew so many years ago.:)

Archived