Blackbird singing in the dead of night (and day)

Jon Clarke

Some shots of the XP11 SR-71 Blackbird doing it's return flight overl the  UK (TE-GB)to the US after flying over a well known very large country.;) The shots are at 43 and 64000 ft.

Notice the curvature of the earth in a couple of pics. Pease view in enlarged mode

Capture.thumb.JPG.76ad3f016e62ea7c769e57ee3a0c4460.JPG

Capture1.thumb.JPG.80d896d42554d7e4b7f2f8d9c20f7ea0.JPG

Capture3.thumb.JPG.0b664d809de1ad20cad52c33d11e4821.JPG

Capture2.thumb.JPG.6212b0314efaf1d786800a1d4d6b48c9.JPG

Thanks to all for your kind comments. Just wanted to try something a bit different.

@Jack Sawyer you are a lucky man to have seen this plane in real life. I find it one of the most dramatic designs ever seen. The plane was so advanced considering it's introduction in 1964. Only Concorde (developed around the same time) compares regarding looks and performance, but 2 very different platforms and purposes.

7 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

Thanks to all for your kind comments. Just wanted to try something a bit different.

@Jack Sawyer you are a lucky man to have seen this plane in real life. I find it one of the most dramatic designs ever seen. The plane was so advanced considering it's introduction in 1964. Only Concorde (developed around the same time) compares regarding looks and performance, but 2 very different platforms and purposes.

When they take off it's like controlled thunder.  And seeing one up close and personal is other worldly, I mean this thing is old but still looks like it came from the future.

Archived