'Round the World in the Connie - Italy, Greece and the Middle East

mglan80

So a big chunk of the journey in this post (previous post here).  Just some random favorites I have and a bit of narrative.

The routes:

LOWI --> LIRF  -  LIRF --> LGAV  -  LGAV --> OMDB  -  OMDB --> VABB  -  VABB --> VRMM  -  VABB --> VCBI

WRGBwNi.jpg

zViaxI6.jpg

6rwlzAv.jpg

kbkEVz7.jpg

4clJxdD.jpg

4de8a6i.jpg

Leaving LOWI

g1bAFnr.jpg

7LlXct3.jpg

Climbing over the Alps

AEiCfTC.jpg

GoQMgr0.jpg

Initial Descent over Tuscany

5NWxPMN.jpg

The eternal city

nQlPt8t.jpg

Beautiful Greece

JjFKLoc.jpg

3lD5rO2.jpg

3lD5rO2.jpg

mkJJXdc.jpg

Outbound for Dubai

rkwr7Jq.jpg

Finally sighting land after a loooong flight over the eastern Medd.

oYyLIsU.jpg

ujvukMG.jpg

KPhZr5P.jpg

XM7VEuF.jpg

Departed Dubai and headed toward Chhatrapati Shivaji International on the west coast of India.  Not much remarkable about this area in P3D even with Global.  Needs the Orbx openLC treatment!

Off to the Maldives,

pfQWv58.jpg

which has a very cool approach.

X2MKyez.jpg

5eBlQUI.jpg

9ZwoX7T.jpg

And finally SriLanka

swlZC0U.jpg

m2RGS6M.jpg

Next up for the posts is a bit more of India, Paro(!!) and China.  I'm currently in Singapore about to head to Bali, then (finally!) the last few legs in Australia with stops in Darwin, Alice Springs and Canberra.  Only 3,600 nm to go!!

2 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Amazing story indeed. Judging from the first map view, you landed in Pisa, not in Rome, but never mind... Very brave that you dared to fly over Syria!

You might be right, Capt.  I kept thinking I flew through Rome on this trip, but maybe it was Pisa (I looked at the map like four times and thought - that's not Rome).  I did Moscow - Rome on another one off flight and maybe I mixed up the two!  Regarding Syria, in my sim there are no wars, just the routines of simulated life.

2 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey myglan80. Really liked your shots and commentary. Had to laugh--I'd just been reading about the Connie and the early engine reliability problems. Pilots at that point said she was the best three-engined four-engine plane in the air.

Only had one issue so far, and that was with the pressurization system just after crossing the Himalayas(!).  Hopefully my luck holds out!

Thanks, Jack and Rob!  

Archived