'Round the World in the Connie - Germany

mglan80

I'm way behind on these posts (currently in Chengdu!), so forgive me for shoving so much into one post.  We last left off in England at Heathrow arriving from Spain.  It's now off to the Continent with stops in Paris at de Gaulle,  Frankfurt and the crowd pleasing Innsbruck at LOWI.  Let's start with the route overviews:

eZCMSXb.jpg hLo0k2o.jpg jhsIazl.jpg

Already airborne in the early morning of an English summer's day.  Climbing out for the short hop over the Channel:

NUlyuzp.jpg

jpkRX89.jpg

Parked up in LFPG to disembark:

RdxWV7T.jpg

When the journey continues the weather's not so great, and we hit some weather getting into Frankfurt

lflnyod.jpg

pfIZD5d.jpg

Cleared up for a bit, then socked in for the approach and landing (non-ORBX scenery - sorry no shareable shots).

PVUY2hJ.jpg

9Mvjedo.jpg

After a nice evening out on the town (maybe too much time in the Bahnhofsviertel), we headed out the next morning to beautiful Innsbruck.

It was still cloudy and a bit rainy at departure and for most of the way down to LOWI, but there were a few breaks in the weather.

uF1UPo0.jpg

I made a complete hash of the approach, so much so I forgot to take some shots!  The landing was fine, but that approach probably had some people saying a few prayers!

Taxiing in to the stand

45DQwQI.jpg

Parked up and letting those poor souls off to kiss the ground!

f1wCDEK.jpg

Hans is taking her all in...

E8P3Ifu.jpg

Next up is Rome, Greece (my favorite) and a looong flight to Dubai.  Till then.  Thanks for taking a look.

On 9/7/2018 at 5:19 PM, Senchay said:

Nice trip and pics :-) I bet this thing isnt easy to fly !

It's actually pretty gentle and fairly easy to manage, if a bit slow on the response.  I don't use the period correct Sperry autopilot, just the default, but I want to enjoy my time flying!  Still great fun hand flying departures and approaches.

Thanks for all the kind words, fellas.

I was at the AMC museum at Dover AFB this past weekend and got to see a close cousin of the one I've been flying around the virtual globe.  It's a little sad to see this one - she's pretty beat up and a shadow of her former life.  Cool to get close to one, though, and the profile is unmistakable.

mmr0LaH.jpg

xbrdXz6.jpg

Archived