Saanen airport - Switzerland cultivation buildings for Aerofly FS2 - Freeware

Good day dear Aerofly FS2 fans,

I am pleased to announce my first developments for Aerofly FS2. Yes, this announce concerns two products for the same country.
They will be distributed as two separate products however, so you can choose to install either one or both of them.
Icing on the cake, they are freeware.

You will need to have the swiss DLC from IPACS installed for these products to work correctly. Please visit www.aerofly.com for more information about this DLC.

Enjoy these first screenshots. 

LSGK Saanen airport

lsgk_afs2_01.jpg

lsgk_afs2_02.jpg

lsgk_afs2_03.jpg

lsgk_afs2_04.jpg

lsgk_afs2_05.jpg

lsgk_afs2_06.jpg

lsgk_afs2_07.jpg

lsgk_afs2_08.jpg

lsgk_afs2_09.jpg

lsgk_afs2_10.jpg

lsgk_afs2_11.jpg

lsgk_afs2_12.jpg

lsgk_afs2_13.jpg

lsgk_afs2_14.jpg

lsgk_afs2_15.jpg

lsgk_afs2_16.jpg

Switzerland cultivation buildings (autogen buildings).

Note: this product does not overwrite IPACS default tree placement. 

I only added a full country building coverage plus over one hundred thousand of individual trees, mainly in towns and some villages.

chb01.jpg

chb02.jpg

chb03.jpg

chb04.jpg

chb05.jpg

chb07.jpg

chb08.jpg

This is a very nice surprise.  Saanen has been one of my favorite airports dating back many years.  I was so disappointed that the DLC gave it such minimal attention.  Maybe the Orbx Global Freeware Airports will continue to be introduced for AFS2.

Thanks Sylvain.

Regards,

Ray

Wow, double wow.  This is some serious cultivation upgrades.  I didn’t know Switzerland even had this many trees and unique buildings.  Now I understand what JV meant when he said we would like the price.

Excellent.  Thanks JV, thanks Sylvain.

Regards,

Ray

Yes Sylvain fantastic work. Even the old town of Bern looks great!

Yes, yesss excellent!

Thanks Sylvain, Thanks JV and all the Obx-team!

Regards, Jakob

Hello Sylvain,

Is there any hope of us seeing your magnificent Samedan LSZS airport as AFS2 Freeware?  Now wouldn't that be an outstanding release from a Orbx?

I really enjoy the long approach down the valley and checking out the golf course at the threshold.

Regards,

Ray

Wonderful news, and thank you!

Way back in FS2004 land, it was Switzerland's freeware sceneries that hooked me.

New Zealand followed, unmatched for coverage.

Now the wheel has turned full circle, and I am hoping Aerofly will be the one to watch.

I am so very sorry, but I have waited until this morning to download these two magical sceneries but where do I find them.  I have Switzerland installed now I'm ready to add these two.

Unfortunately my health this morning is affecting me very badly, that's why I have asked for help in locating these two files

Help, please.

Jim/NZ

Some more i found, seems the apron get a big extension as well.

Are you planning to update your scenery with this in the future?

0.68128400_1505808050.jpg

566ebcdb8a7d8.jpg

heliaufnahme_j_and_p_03.10.2017-198-2x.j

heliaufnahme_2_j_and_p_03.01.2017-198-2x

0.68652500_1505808050.jpg

grundriss_eg_j_and_p-198-2x.jpg

Seems they have a turntable inside the hanger! :-)

Marcel

• 2 weeks later...

Sylvain,
I have downloaded and installed your great freeware Saanen. It works very well together with the Swiss-DLC from IPACS.

Thanks for your great work and also thanks to Orbx for making it available as freeware!

Regards, Jakob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, yanlaoge said:

Really wish the Switzerland autogen buildings project is going well.

It's not.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/164525-request-pdf-user-guide-netherland-trueearth/?do=findComment&comment=1446437

"Unfortunately, this project is on hold for the moment. No idea if it will be delivered one day." So don't wait for it. Orbx is moving away from AFS2 and focusing on P3D and XP.

1 hour ago, J van E said:

It's not.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/164525-request-pdf-user-guide-netherland-trueearth/?do=findComment&comment=1446437

"Unfortunately, this project is on hold for the moment. No idea if it will be delivered one day." So don't wait for it. Orbx is moving away from AFS2 and focusing on P3D and XP.

? Where is that apparent quote from?

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:45 AM, J van E said:

Well....not quite.  Your statement can be taken out of context.  If you read the entire post from JV, he also says:

"Having said all that, I still believe in AFS2 as providing the best VR experience of any sim platform out there, and for this reason we still believe it is worth porting regions and airports to it in the long term. Just don't expect us to be so prolific about it because we cannot expend too much effort without any reward.

I spent a day in Germany with the IPACS team about six weeks ago and they showed me some pretty exciting stuff to come in the sim, so please don't write it off just yet!"

So not really moving away from it, but rather focusing on projects with more immediate ROI for right now. 

3 hours ago, RLSinCO said:

So not really moving away from it, but rather focusing on projects with more immediate ROI for right now. 

A matter of interpretation, I guess. ;) Seems to me John is just being kind because he doesn't want to shut the door for AFS2. But I doubt we will be seeing much AFS2 addons from Orbx the coming year. I hope to be wrong though. (Although I am having a lot of fun right now thanks to some freeware DLC like Drassaud's cultivation for Switzerland!).

Still, when I look at the cultivation screenshots in the opening post I think it's a real shame the project may never be released... Why not simply release what's there already?! If releasing it through FTX Central is too complicated (or too costly) why not release it as a downloadable zip! Installing cultivation is as easy as can be: unzip a zip into the correct folder and you're done. Again, it's a shame seeing all that work going to waste.

Archived