The Great Barton Airshow and Fly In !

renault

Hear Ye, Hear Ye - The Great Barton Airshow and Fly In is now open

In collaboration with Martin Poole, we wish to invite you to the Great Barton Airshow and Fly In

The idea behind this "virtual event" is for the Orbx Xplane community to come to old Barton with their favourite aircraft and/or previous Old Barton Screenshot to participate
in the fly in.

We hope that it will be fun and enjoyable for all.  There is even a rumour that we might be joined by a famous flying celebrity or two!

We also appreciate the support of our Orbx FSX and P3D colleagues. So if you have a screenshot of your way in to Barton with your favourite aircraft that you would like to share (we hear that it is a particularly fine day for flying over Holland !) please join us.

We hope that you enjoy our day!

Cheers
Martin and Renault

hQGVGGp.jpg

I got started early with my camera & here are a few visitors I saw ...

Sometimes, a few practice runs are necessary for a "fly by" . Last night to see this was awesome!
RgRuozL.jpg

The "Clipper" is also a crowd pleaser. Hard to believe that something this large was built so many years ago
Cx8SuEz.jpg

And we just got this one from a "high altitude visitor". The say if you look just off the right engine you can see us!
G3dEt9t.jpg

Hey folks don't  let the weather put you off:)

If you wait 5 minutes it will change. I've also heard that if you can't see the hills around here it's raining. If you can , then it's just about to start :)

Just a before & after. Still time to come see the sights!

E3Alr4H.jpg

fUp9Uo0.jpg

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

This is a commission for Renault, he provided the shot and words, I just made the comic.  Enjoy Renault!

u3i7Qya.jpg

Jack was so kind with his time to do this for us. :)

I know he is thinking of trying out XPlane in the future, so please accept this small token of our appreciation. We hope that it will make the transition a bit easier!

Cheers Jack

Renault 

Jh9hQjW.jpg

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎20 at 7:56 AM, Bermuda425 said:

High and mighty captures!

Thank you

Cheers!

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎20 at 7:56 AM, Sniper31 said:

Wonderful arrivals thus far!

Thanks!

R

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎20 at 8:19 AM, tonywob said:

Great shots and colours. Thanks for sharing. There is a lot of history to this little airfield that's worth exploring

Thanks Tony!

I agree. I am really enjoying it as well as finding out about the background over the years. Lot's happened here!

Cheers

R

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎20 at 11:17 AM, VH-KDK said:

What a great idea Renault and some magnificent planes shown here.:)

The Clipper is always a plane I have liked the look of and it was one of my favourite Airfix Kits in the late 60s!:D

Thanks Martin:)

R

23 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Great idea! And by an amazing coincidence, I just spotted this guy in the vicinity -

ECeAPY4.jpg

E83CjC5.jpg

I wonder who'll show up next?

Thanks very much for the visit! Hope you had a good time. We did - it was great to see you:)

Cheers!

21 hours ago, Martin Poole said:

as soon a the P51 landed and Stinson took off, and also a few captures from a chippy and Spitfire both  from Biggin hill 

FMBuu6e.jpg

Smoke on Chippy

iL6cSkA.jpg

CmQgywK.jpg

XHKpRel.jpg

Spitfire Low pass

f9TWoPw.jpg

Hard and fast

GDeWkqa.jpg

ZmtHXoD.jpg

Great series of shots Martin. Hope you enjoyed yourself!

Cheers!

R

19 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That’s really cool Renault, thanks, I like it!

Thanks again Jack

See you:)

R

19 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Here are a few planes seen through P3D eyes.

1.5K74bKS.jpg

2.PDrPRXH.jpg

3.83m9RsB.jpg

4.1PidPU7.jpg

5.RKKJWW8.jpg

6.4faZ4fG.jpg

Not quite the same is it!

Thanks for stopping by Martin. You're right it is quite different.  I guess I am biased, but I like Tony's rendition a bit better :)

Thanks again for your support and stopping by for a visit!

Cheers

R

Archived