MacRobertson Air Race leg 16

Jack Sawyer

This leg brings me closer.  We fly from Singapore, WSAP to Batavia, WIHH.  This was a very long leg and mostly over open ocean.

But before the flight the passengers requested to see the city so I obliged.

G4T86Pb.jpg

d2g5ZO8.jpg

qfH6WEj.jpg

1YbUG11.jpg

I guess this is a huge stadium where they play chess or something?

NLexGjL.jpg

0ZxHuBn.jpg

Kc4cVpa.jpg

Need to turn around, they loved it!

W0FTxJg.jpg

1arAcHK.jpg

enNcRps.jpg

mKuEA12.jpg

8WdNc3w.jpg

HdK3fer.jpg

xT5EXis.jpg

xxBRPwC.jpg

1FuETgP.jpg

Lft4zti.jpg

cjp2KeQ.jpg

This is for @Eugene Kremlev

YQRSMjK.jpg

I had applause when I landed.

sF53Ot1.jpg

Great city tour, in a very convenient way. Well, not for those who had an excessive breakfast. Great shots of the old, historic Batavia as well - thanks for this great tour, Jack!

Still it is a pain to me that the POIs of Singapore city are totally missing in the sim. It is so spectacular!

Very nice flight Jack, and another nice leg pf the race. Your virtual passengers must have had mixed reactions to that vertical climb, but at least you gave them a safe landing...come to think of it, that's probably why they cheered...happy to be back on solid ground :)

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great city tour, in a very convenient way. Well, not for those who had an excessive breakfast. Great shots of the old, historic Batavia as well - thanks for this great tour, Jack!

Still it is a pain to me that the POIs of Singapore city are totally missing in the sim. It is so spectacular!

Thanks Gerold!  I have one more leg till I land at Darwin and then it's Oz all the way. I too wish we had more POI's but maybe in good time we'll have them.

2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Very nice flight Jack, and another nice leg pf the race. Your virtual passengers must have had mixed reactions to that vertical climb, but at least you gave them a safe landing...come to think of it, that's probably why they cheered...happy to be back on solid ground :)

Thanks Landon, I thought of that too but they told me they clapped because they loved the max climb! :)

2 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Smashing set of shots. 

cheers 

Iain 

Thanks Iain!

1 hour ago, European Mountain Man said:

super set of shots Jack i enjoyed your flight but i bet your passengers where not happy i am relating to shot 8 and 9  regards EMM

Thanks EMM, on the contrary, they told me they loved it! :)

Another brilliant leg of the race to Australia!

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Imaginesim is working on their version of WSSS, I hope they're hurrying up a bit. We'll see how much of the city scenery will be included. A City Scene Singapore would be in order, too, of course. 

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

Imaginesim is working on their version of WSSS, I hope they're hurrying up a bit.

In fact they are working in this update for years, requesting real life pictures to support. I have send some shots about 2 years ago, but no progress since then :huh:.

And I know a company that has developed a very good cityscape technology, it is Australia based and their people would frequently connect via Singapore, too...

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful set especially the views of Singapore at every angle.:)

It would be nice to see Singapore better represented but Rome(?) wasn't built in a day!:rolleyes:

I thought Wednesday played at Hillsborough!:wacko::blink::unsure:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheffield_Wednesday_F.C.

Thanks Martyn!  I hope Orbx does more soon, my wallet needs to spend itself.

16 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn!  I hope Orbx does more soon, my wallet needs to spend itself.

My CC begins it's new cycle today so I shall treat myself to the one airport on sale that I need!:)

21 hours ago, Stillwater said:

In fact they are working in this update for years, requesting real life pictures to support. I have send some shots about 2 years ago, but no progress since then :huh:.

And I know a company that has developed a very good cityscape technology, it is Australia based and their people would frequently connect via Singapore, too...

Oh, really? The last news is from October last year, they stated they are progressing...

Archived