Some more of Gerold's friends

VH-KDK

Another plane load of German tourists but this time their transport will take them a very long time to get home.

OZx's Cape Don International Airport in the Northern Territory.

1.cd1.jpg

2.cd2.jpg

3.cd3.jpg

4.cd4.jpg

5.cd5.jpg

6.cd6.jpg

7.cd7.jpg

3 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Sure looks like a lonely flight Martyn. Too bad for those Germans on board :D Especially like the first few shots. 

They don't mind Landon as they have a months supply of Sauerkraut and Pork Knuckle haggis on board for the flight home.

The pilot is happy too as he has his own personal oxygen mask which will come in extremely handy:o.

3 hours ago, BradB said:

Those poor souls are a long way from home , hopefully this video will put them at ease Martyn :

Cheers

John

They are that John but as you say the video will take their mind off their predicament.:lol:

1 hour ago, European Mountain Man said:

Super set of shots Martyn it will take a few days or a week or more for them to get back to Germany the pilot will have to set it to unlimited fuel regards EMM

They have some really inhospitable territory to fly over on their epic journey home and it will take them a long time.:o

But with the weather in Europe as it is at the moment I am sure they will not be in a great hurry.:)

1 hour ago, paulb said:

LOL!  It does look lonely there Martyn! :)

There is not much out there Paul and it gets even worse once they get to PNG.

The natives there might find a plane load of rotund Germans very tasty.:huh::o:ph34r:

2 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

They have some really inhospitable territory to fly over on their epic journey home and it will take them a long time.:o

But with the weather in Europe as it is at the moment I am sure they will not be in a great hurry.:)

Well Martyn they can bring you weather to Europe sun regards EMM 

2 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

Well Martyn they can bring you weather to Europe sun regards EMM 

I think you need it. Just reading the Bournemouth Echo and everything shut in the area. People stuck on trains overnight between Southampton and Bournemouth as well as the A31 being blocked for hours and many people suck in their cars.

Everyone stay safe over there.

23 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

I think you need it. Just reading the Bournemouth Echo and everything shut in the area. People stuck on trains overnight between Southampton and Bournemouth as well as the A31 being blocked for hours and many people suck in their cars.

Everyone stay safe over there.

Thanks Martyn not snowing at the moment Paul has it snowing in wales regards EMM

12 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Another plane load of German tourists but this time their transport will take them a very long time to get home.

OZx's Cape Don International Airport in the Northern Territory.

If it would take long to get back to Germany, why not say longer in Oz?

Especially near a great international airport like this, with its beautiful grass runway.

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Correct. Just too cold here.

There is not much out there Paul and it gets even worse once they get to PNG.

The natives there might find a plane load of rotund Germans very tasty.:huh::o:ph34r:

Aaaaaah! Good that I have virtually left these places... :blink:!

8 hours ago, Stillwater said:

If it would take long to get back to Germany, why not say longer in Oz?

Especially near a great international airport like this, with its beautiful grass runway.

Correct. Just too cold here.

Aaaaaah! Good that I have virtually left these places... :blink:!

I looked at Hannover this morning Gerold and it was a balmy -5°C.

I can just see you sitting by the pool fighting off the Polar Bears and Walruses.:lol:

I looked at Hannover this morning Gerold and it was a balmy -5°C.

I can just see you sitting by the pool fighting off the Polar Bears and Walruses.:lol:

The most dangerous animal around has just left its place on this desk in front of the keyboard. She is now sitting in the sun, surely behind the window... >:D

Archived