Orbx Freeware Airport Packs

Thanks a bunch.  I'm planning fly-ins for my crew of each state individually.  It should be a lot of fun.  Some of our crew, including myself, have every scenery ORBX has ever created and published.  This is our website.   http://weflytogether.org/aboutus.php   We fly together a couple of times a week and have some pretty good fly-in creators.  We really appreciate the work ORBX people do.  

Edited by Ravenman
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, POLYMERMAN said:

I wouldn't think so Stefan:(.  It appears airports are removed as they become payware.  Companies like to make money:D.

That would not make any sense. It was Freeware before. If anybody has the old NA Pack 7 on his computer could share those BGLs. 

We all have the entire cumulative airport packs.  It is my understanding that they would simply be lower in the order of things in the add-on scenery.  Can you not,  therefore, simply move the bgl for your airport higher?   At this point you're going to have to "seek professional help".  I've exhausted the entire store of my flight sim tinkering knowledge.  All both things :wacko:

5 hours ago, woodhick803 said:

We all have the entire cumulative airport packs.  

KIPL is in the current Freeware pack and hasn't been removed. Just get the freeeware pack and you'll have it.

5 hours ago, Dustoff said:

That would not make any sense.

It does make sense because Chester (KSNC) used to be free and isn't now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all, 

i actually own a lot of ORBX add on sceneries I’m really glad with what I have tasted by now.

said that... I have installed the freeware NA. Pack... but i would like to know how to deactivate a particular airport (SCTE) since I bought a pay ware version of it 

I have already figured out that deleting all the scte named bgl’s Would be enough... but I rather ask first 

thanks in advance 

pd: ORBX people, keep up the good work 

pd2: sorry if my English is not perfect, not my first tongue

I'm not completely sure you have to delete them at all.  If the new payware scenery installs higher up in the add-on scenery I think it will automatically overwrite the freeware.  Hopefully someone who actually knows what they are talking about will reply.

9 hours ago, woodhick803 said:

I'm not completely sure you have to delete them at all.  If the new payware scenery installs higher up in the add-on scenery I think it will automatically overwrite the freeware.  Hopefully someone who actually knows what they are talking about will reply.

just tried changing the 3 related files from GBL to OFF and it worked perfectly

Thnaks again

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much for these handy lists.

Many of these freeware airports are as good as 

the payware airports IMO.

Go to CYMM to see what I mean, truly spectacular.

I require at least 6000 feet for the exclusive aircraft( A2A Boeing 377 Stratocruiser) that I fly everyday.

There are many 6000’ plus airports to choose from.

I am presently working my way to each of these airports enjoying their individual characteristics.

Thank you Orbx for these freeware airports.

Thanks checked scenery file found ADE listings of 12 airports 

Belgium:

EBKH Balen,  EBLG Liege,  EBNM Namur,  EBSG St. Ghislain,  EBSP La Sauveniere,  EBTY Maubray,  EBZR Oostmalle,  EBZW Zwartberg

Denmark:

EK20 Lindtorp

Sweden:

ESNN Sundsvall,  ESNQ Kirna,  ESSU Eskilstuna

51 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Printable copy FTX Global EU Airport Pack [48 airfields] file date 180716 edit date 20180806

EU Orbx Freeware list v180716.rtf

Thanks for posting this.

I purchased Global Base in the recent sale and have been looking for a reason to go to Europe.

I think I shall set up a route and fly to each of the airports on this list, as well as the pay-ware I have.

Start in Spain and fly my way to Jan Mayensfield and Rekyavik ( FTX Global Iceland Demo )

Is there a Google Earth KLM file that has all these FTX Global airports plotted on the map?  I used to have this done myself, had it all current, but then I had to replace a drive or something, and I lost a few files.

EDIT:  Got it, thanks Larry -- was able to download that file as a KML and open it in GE.  All good now!

Edited by Ripcord
  • Like 1

It seems like the EU and NA packs have been merged into a single megapack. Their individual entries have been removed from FTX Central. What happens to the airports that were installed with the old packs. Were they uninstalled automatically?