Not all nice

VH-KDK

The beautiful DC-4 is going for a climb in the French Alps.

1.na1.jpg

This image is very nice at LMFN.

2.na2.jpg

Climbing out this shot is very nice too.

3.na3.jpg

At Col est Castelle this shot is not nice at all nor are the next 7.

4.na4.jpg

Lac de Serre Poncon with the town of Chorges

5.na5.jpg

6.na6.jpg
Lacs de Pierre Chatel, dePetichet and Grand Lac de Laffery with the peak of Le Grande Serre  on the right.

7.na7.jpg

At Grenoble.

8.na8.jpg

Rocher de Lorzier.

9.na9.jpg

La Ruchère district.

10.na10.jpg

The cloud suddenly closed in so end of flight as there was nothing more to see.

Some spectacular mountain scenery around here which will be well worth a look in a smaller plane.

Hope you enjoyed the nice and not so nice parts of this flight.

11 minutes ago, paulb said:

Well I liked all of them Martyn! :)  Was that AS4 real weather kicking in?

It sure was Paul and I am glad you liked the images.

It is surprising just how quickly the weather changed but it does add to the realism.

I was really glad when the latest patch enabled me to use AS4 again.:)

Martyn, some years ago I was the sole Policeman in charge of a tiny North Island town called Mangaweka/Ohingaiti, pop120 and at times, felt like a million miles from any backup, it was a big area I  had to cover made up of a number of tiny towns all of which had about the same or less residence in the dense back blocks.  Okay, it may have been a DC3, but it did all the top dressing of paddocks in the area.  The hills were huge and it took a damn good pilot to throw the thing about landing on airstrips the farmer cut with a mower prior to the plane arriving early.  Often the pilot had to come in real low to frighten the sheep off the strip so he could land unimpeded

These pictures bring all those memories back to me. Well done.

Jim

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

It sure was Paul and I am glad you liked the images.

It is surprising just how quickly the weather changed but it does add to the realism.

I was really glad when the latest patch enabled me to use AS4 again.:)

Excellent Martyn! That is the one add-on that I should purchase, but haven't yet! :rolleyes:

23 hours ago, JimNZ said:

Martyn, some years ago I was the sole Policeman in charge of a tiny North Island town called Mangaweka/Ohingaiti, pop120 and at times, felt like a million miles from any backup, it was a big area I  had to cover made up of a number of tiny towns all of which had about the same or less residence in the dense back blocks.  Okay, it may have been a DC3, but it did all the top dressing of paddocks in the area.  The hills were huge and it took a damn good pilot to throw the thing about landing on airstrips the farmer cut with a mower prior to the plane arriving early.  Often the pilot had to come in real low to frighten the sheep off the strip so he could land unimpeded

These pictures bring all those memories back to me. Well done.

Jim

Thanks Jim and another interesting story.

One of the things I enjoy so much on here is reading others stories and memories.:D

22 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent Martyn! That is the one add-on that I should purchase, but haven't yet! :rolleyes:

Thanks Paul, it is a great plane the only beef I have is that there are separate purchases for P3DV4 and FSX, P3DV2/3.

The only reason I brought it was because of the Carvair, had it just been the DC-4 I would have left it.

Still, with all the variants and 2 types of planes it is good value.

21 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Fantastic shots Martyn of a very familiar place that I know very well all this area was my second home but at the moment

I have deserted my second home and going thither afield .

I really enjoyed your shots and your trip been there many times in my Truck and on the sim regards stewart  

Thanks Stewart, it must be interesting for you to see all of these places you have driven along.:D

20 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I thought they we are all very good Martyn, cut yourself some slack, with AS4 we get real weather which makes for a more interesting flight.  I love it.

Thanks Jack, I was very tired yesterday and when all the scenery vanished I started to fall asleep at the wheel!:lol:

I really missed AS4 before I got it working but sometimes it does the weather too well.

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Paul, it is a great plane the only beef I have is that there are separate purchases for P3DV4 and FSX, P3DV2/3.

The only reason I brought it was because of the Carvair, had it just been the DC-4 I would have left it.

Still, with all the variants and 2 types of planes it is good value.

To be honest Martyn, whilst I can accept a price differential or a need to pay an add-on extra price, I really do not like it when developers want you to make two totally separate full price purchases for something which is usually 80% + identical. 

Sorry for that short rant, but it does irritate me. 

Anyway, your DC-4/Carvair looks great, and I am delighted that you are enjoying it ;):).

Archived