Nicely done set of shots Jack . :):)

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  

2 hours ago, stewart1 said:

super set of screen shots Jack i enjoyed your tour thanks regards stewart

Thank you Stewart!

2 hours ago, Sammy H said:

I bet the temptation of going under that bridge was just killing you :)

Fun set here!

How could I possibly resist, I'm a sucker for bridges and yellow planes and feats of extraordinary (or stupid) derring do! :lol:

Some very familiar landscape here Jack and some excellent images from Melbourne.

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Iain, wonderful place for shopping I reckon with that huge shopping center.

I do not understand why busy airports such as Essendon have shopping centres so close to the runways.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-29/atsb-preliminary-report-essendon-plane-crash/8395820

Plenty of greedy types with different agendas who want to shut the airport down as it has now been developed all round over the years. The usual noise and safety concerns being made by those who recently move into the area next to an airport that has been operational for decades. All of Victoria Ambulance fixed wing  flights go here which is close to many of the major Melbourne hospitals. You have just flown from Avalon which is a very long way from Melbourne and that is where they want the Vic Ambulance flights to go to. More proof that us in the Bush are of little value to some city types.:angry:

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Some very familiar landscape here Jack and some excellent images from Melbourne.

I do not understand why busy airports such as Essendon have shopping centres so close to the runways.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-29/atsb-preliminary-report-essendon-plane-crash/8395820

Plenty of greedy types with different agendas who want to shut the airport down as it has now been developed all round over the years. The usual noise and safety concerns being made by those who recently move into the area next to an airport that has been operational for decades. All of Victoria Ambulance fixed wing  flights go here which is close to many of the major Melbourne hospitals. You have just flown from Avalon which is a very long way from Melbourne and that is where they want the Vic Ambulance flights to go to. More proof that us in the Bush are of little value to some city types.:angry:

Thanks Martyn!  I think you hit the nail on the head.

4 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Splendelicious captures! I didn'T know there are Targets in Australia.

Thanks Erik!  I didn't either, Toys R Us too.  It's a small world when it comes to businesses.

3 hours ago, Rick@YMEN said:

Welcome to my place!

Thanks Rick, it's a lovely area.

10 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn!  I think you hit the nail on the head.

Not the only thing I would like to hit on the head, the only way to get reason and sense into some unfortunately.:lol:

Closing Essendon no doubt will make a few very rich but it will cost others their lives!:angry:

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

Not the only thing I would like to hit on the head, the only way to get reason and sense into some unfortunately.:lol:

Closing Essendon no doubt will make a few very rich but it will cost others their lives!:angry:

Hopefully not Martyn.  Maybe saner heads will prevail.

Great shots and post Jack.  Did you just fly under the West Gate Bridge?  That's funny, because I'll be driving over that tomorrow.

I am very familiar with Avalon and Essendon, although my mode of transport between them is unfortunately a car.  I used to live near Essendon, and always wandered up to the airport for some plane spotting and photos.  I have also done plenty of shopping there, and worked there a few times.  I drive past both airports quite often in my travels, and visit Avalon every second year for the Avalon Airshow.

I think these two and Melbourne (Tullamarine) are my favourite ORBX airports because I have visited them so many times IRL.

Cheers,

2 hours ago, scottharmes6 said:

Great shots and post Jack.  Did you just fly under the West Gate Bridge?  That's funny, because I'll be driving over that tomorrow.

I am very familiar with Avalon and Essendon, although my mode of transport between them is unfortunately a car.  I used to live near Essendon, and always wandered up to the airport for some plane spotting and photos.  I have also done plenty of shopping there, and worked there a few times.  I drive past both airports quite often in my travels, and visit Avalon every second year for the Avalon Airshow.

I think these two and Melbourne (Tullamarine) are my favourite ORBX airports because I have visited them so many times IRL.

Cheers,

This is extremely interesting Scott!  I’d love to see that area, it looks beautiful. Oz has always been on my list of must visit places but with my medical issues I don’t know.  Hopefully someday 

17 minutes ago, Bluebear said:

Marvelous shots, Jack !! :)

Cheers

Bluebear

Thanks Bluebear!

Archived