Angelfish at Pender Harbor

Jack Sawyer

3 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John, I did it as request for someone, they wanted to know if the Original Angelfish was parked at the dock like in 3.4.  It isn't for some reason.

Those are some great screenshots for sure Jack, and thanks for the info!

39 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Beautiful Jack. Love that little boat. And to Larry as you say; well done.:)

Thanks Karl, I like it too, it's slow and fun to putt putt around in.

39 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful nautical set Jack.:)

I have not been to these places much which is a shame as the scenery is so well done.:(

Thanks Martyn, you need to get out more often! ;)

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:01 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks for all you did Larry!

Thank you Jack,

Sometimes I think I'm nuts doing this marine related stuff for Orbx, so I get a real kick out of people having fun with it. The pilotable Angelfish was an afterthought. I am really surprised that it was even noticed.  No promises, but  I'm wondering if I can come up with something different but along the same lines for my next project.  Any proposals out there?  (It has to be something authentic, something you would see in PNW waters and something I can get good photos of.)

29 minutes ago, Larry_R said:

Thank you Jack,

Sometimes I think I'm nuts doing this marine related stuff for Orbx, so I get a real kick out of people having fun with it. The pilotable Angelfish was an afterthought. I am really surprised that it was even noticed.  No promises, but  I'm wondering if I can come up with something different but along the same lines for my next project.  Any proposals out there?  (It has to be something authentic, something you would see in PNW waters and something I can get good photos of.)

How about the Clipper : https://www.google.com/search?q=photos+of+clipper+pnw+to+victoria&tbm=isch&source=iu&pf=m&ictx=1&fir=pfI30Yzr74zwRM%3A%2CeGyGKEhqkkYlaM%2C_&usg=___06OCiPughT5oGHlk44Phnj9DiE%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiPrMje0sTXAhWp5lQKHUBfBnkQ9QEIPDAC#imgrc=pfI30Yzr74zwRM:

Cheers

John

50 minutes ago, Larry_R said:

Thank you Jack,

Thanks Larry!  I don't think you're nuts at all and I think all would agree we're very fortunate to have you doing this for us.  I for one really appreciate it.  I mean I even used it in a comic and I have more ideas still.  I wish I lived in that area so I could give you some ideas but John would know, he lives up that way.  I LOVE that pivotable Angelfish!  Are you kidding?  It's a huge lot of fun and it's very relaxing seeing the Orbx scenery from a different angle.  I love it.

Keep at it Larry, I really appreciate your work.

4 hours ago, Larry_R said:

Thank you Jack,

Firstly Larry - thank you for your great work! Many of us really appreciate what you do :).

In terms of suggestions, would you consider a driveable vehicle? Maybe a pickup or a buggy? Even a nice convertible perhaps? ;)

But whatever you do, it will be great! Many thanks!

Paul

6 hours ago, paulb said:

Maybe this for Jack? :D

g56HRTQ.jpg

Now that's a sweet color, and it's a C1 model.  If you don't know Corvette goes by C series, so from C1 to C2, etc all the way up to C7.  I've had a C4, C5, C6, & a C7.

Sorry for posting these, I hope I don't get in trouble.

C4, first one, 1994, I fully restored it.

1Y5TiiN.jpg

C5 second one, 2004.

UBZ5xpR.jpg

C6 third, 2007

HwlnvIp.jpg

C7 fourth, 2017

yiNBPfx.jpg

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Now that's a sweet color, and it's a C1 model.  If you don't know Corvette goes by C series, so from C1 to C2, etc all the way up to C7.  I've had a C4, C5, C6, & a C7.

Sorry for posting these, I hope I don't get in trouble.

C4, first one, 1994, I fully restored it.

C5 second one, 2004.

C6 third, 2007

C7 fourth, 2017

Fantastic cars Jack! Looks like you have been a lucky guy with your motors. The latest one looks seriously mean! :D

9 minutes ago, paulb said:

Fantastic cars Jack! Looks like you have been a lucky guy with your motors. The latest one looks seriously mean! :D

Thanks Paul, I’ve been very fortunate in one way but most unfortunate in too many others.  I’d give it up for certain reasons. 

But it’s a mean ride for sure, it’s my aircraft on the road.  Now if I could somehow enter Orbx land like in some movie I think I could be happy 

10 hours ago, paulb said:

Firstly Larry - thank you for your great work! Many of us really appreciate what you do

On 11/16/2017 at 1:01 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks for all you did Larry!

Have to agree here!

And - nice pix, Jack (and the 'vettes look like fun, too)

22 hours ago, BradB said:

How about the Clipper

17 hours ago, paulb said:

Maybe this for Jack

Thanks for the ideas guys,

Turns out that I have a model of the Victoria Clipper about half done but it would fit best with the ferry system. And no way to drive to the location I'm working on now so there would not be much to do with a car. I have a sort of a marine version of Orbx Bob, maybe that would do. I'll see what I can come up with, something 'different' I hope.

1 minute ago, Larry_R said:

Thanks for the ideas guys,

Turns out that I have a model of the Victoria Clipper about half done but it would fit best with the ferry system. And no way to drive to the location I'm working on now so there would not be much to do with a car. I have a sort of a marine version of Orbx Bob, maybe that would do. I'll see what I can come up with, something 'different' I hope.

Cool!  Sounds nice Larry!  Thank you.

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:12 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John, I did it as request for someone, they wanted to know if the Original Angelfish was parked at the dock like in 3.4.  It isn't for some reason.

Hi Jack,

Looks like I can't attach a screenshot from P3D v4 right now but the Angelfish is at the long dock when it should be on my install of CAG8 with FTXC3.  This is an AI boat, not static, so it may or may not be at the dock when you look. It makes a circuit outside the harbour and back. If it can't be found there is a link in the User Guide that discusses some of the common causes of AI boats failing to show up.

5 hours ago, Larry_R said:

Hi Jack,

Looks like I can't attach a screenshot from P3D v4 right now but the Angelfish is at the long dock when it should be on my install of CAG8 with FTXC3.  This is an AI boat, not static, so it may or may not be at the dock when you look. It makes a circuit outside the harbour and back. If it can't be found there is a link in the User Guide that discusses some of the common causes of AI boats failing to show up.

Thanks kindly for the info Larry, I was asking for Roger.  When I get the time I'll have to park at the dock and maybe speed time up slightly to see if it makes an appearance.

5 hours ago, Larry_R said:

This is an AI boat, not static, so it may or may not be at the dock when you look. It makes a circuit outside the harbour and back. If it can't be found there is a link in the User Guide that discusses some of the common causes of AI boats failing to show up.

Being an AI boat makes it even better (leaves me more room to park my float plane, and I NEED more room ;)). I just remember seeing the screenshots from the freeware area and the Angelfish being there, but since I could never see it I “assumed” I had a problem, looks like I don’t, which is good.  Like Jack, I’ll park and wait!  

Larry, as the other members have said, I also feel that you do a most excellent job on the sceneries and ferries, I use the Angelfish for that sea level and slow scenery viewing also, cannot believe that it “free” to boot!  Thanks for all that you have done and are thinking about doing for this community!

Archived