The Doors for John

VH-KDK

2 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Paul.

They were designed as car transporters to replace the Bristol 170s

They could carry 5 cars as opposed to the 170s 3.

Clearly not a quick process loading and unloading Martyn! :D

5 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Great stuff Paul.

I still have an unmade Airfix Silver City Bristol 170 kit packed away somewhere which has the opening clam shell doors and the car ramps.:huh:

Now you go under the Channel on a train.:D

How times have changed Martyn! A friend of mine tells me of the adventure of flying on the Bristol when he and his parents used to go to France.

Great pics Martyn.  I am so glad to see this aircraft, in all it's versions, released for FSX/P3D.  Especially great to see the Carvair.  I have always been a fan of these ungainly behemoths, along with the Bristol 170 too.  I hope we see a new rendition of the Bristol 170 released at some stage too.

Cheers,

1 hour ago, scottharmes6 said:

Great pics Martyn.  I am so glad to see this aircraft, in all it's versions, released for FSX/P3D.  Especially great to see the Carvair.  I have always been a fan of these ungainly behemoths, along with the Bristol 170 too.  I hope we see a new rendition of the Bristol 170 released at some stage too.

Cheers,

Thanks Scott, yes a Bristol 170 and Wayfarer would be fantastic. As the more well known planes all get done there is always hope that someone will bring out some of the lesser known types although they were used in the Antipodes.

The Argosy would be another great addition too. I can remember the very bright IPEC ones flying out of Essendon when I came to Oz in the early '80s

2 hours ago, paulb said:

How times have changed Martyn! A friend of mine tells me of the adventure of flying on the Bristol when he and his parents used to go to France.

That would have been a great start to a continental holiday. Our car was taken by ferry and some of the crossings were horrendous.

3 hours ago, BradB said:

Thanks Martyn and Paul for the info on this bird . Martyn at first when I saw the title , I was expecting some Jim Morrison . Maybe another time . :):rolleyes::D

Cheers

John

Thanks John, word association at play again.:)

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks guys!  And John, great minds think alike!  I was JUST going to say the same thing, I was thinking about the Doors doors.  :lol:

Cheers Jack, I was worried that my post was going to be screened.:rolleyes:

... and I expected some music here, Martyn! Instead you teach us some great tech from the past. I have to admit, I like the car more than that plane:

10 hours ago, paulb said:

Yes it looks like they used a lift

IDZKVpe.jpg

I had a friend some 25 years ago who owned such a Citroen station wagon. The rear seats were in the very back between the wheels, with more than 1 m of distance to the row before you. We felt like kings in that car, with a seat pitch that would be enough for 3 row in economy at today´s airlines.

Plus, @Mallard would surely love that car, too!

16 hours ago, Stillwater said:

... and I expected some music here, Martyn! Instead you teach us some great tech from the past. I have to admit, I like the car more than that plane:

I had a friend some 25 years ago who owned such a Citroen station wagon. The rear seats were in the very back between the wheels, with more than 1 m of distance to the row before you. We felt like kings in that car, with a seat pitch that would be enough for 3 row in economy at today´s airlines.

Plus, @Mallard would surely love that car, too!

Thanks Gerold. Like the car more that a piston airliner? I thought you had more taste than that!:huh::o:lol:

Archived