It's a knockout, singusassong 4

VH-KDK

No one has done the guess the song for a while so plenty of clues for this one.

1.ko1d18f0.jpg

The FS Add on Avro Anson in V4.0 at from NZKT Kaitaia.

2.ko25ffff.jpg

If looks could kill, I think Hans has been playing with Lottie. She does look rather angelic.

3.ko3e1b21.jpg

Time to fly and find some more POIs.

4.ko4501fb.jpg

On the edge of Kaitaia.

5.ko5d25ec.jpg

The Kaitaia Hospital. For some reason my keyboard would not zoom in so no close up.

6.ko6c5a47.jpg

Now at Ahipara Bay and Tauroa Point and it's lighthouse.

7.ko7957f7.jpg

Well the lighthouse is the size of a 44 so after zooming in and lining up the screenshot didn't come out! Oh well onto the next one which is the Maungataniwha Transmitter.
8.ko8c2738.jpg

Part of the Maungataniwha Range.

9.ko96a32f.jpg

Not far from Kaikohe is the Northland Region Corrections Facility (Prison for us older ones!)

10.ko10b3590.jpg

548 prisoners and 180 staff reside here.

11.ko11c2fe6.jpg

Heading south west we arrive at NZKO Kaikohe.

12.ko12656d2.jpg

A bit low and will have to climb to get over the gliders on the end of the runway.

13.ko13831aa.jpg

Sighs of relief all round.

14.ko14799e6.jpg

Plenty of features dotted around the airfield.

15.ko156b9a2.jpg

A well detailed small airfield.

Many clues for the song and I hope you enjoyed the tour.

I LOVE this song, I listen to it all the time on my hikes.  As soon as I saw the title I knew who it was.  Superb shots Martyn and no matter how hard I try I don't think I could do what you do with your fabulous narration.  It's always so interesting to learn new things.

I won't mention the song so other's can guess.

Jeux Sans Frontières 

34 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I LOVE this song, I listen to it all the time on my hikes.  As soon as I saw the title I knew who it was.  Superb shots Martyn and no matter how hard I try I don't think I could do what you do with your fabulous narration.  It's always so interesting to learn new things.

I won't mention the song so other's can guess.

Jeux Sans Frontières 

Thank you  Jack and the coconut is winging it's way to Atlanta for you to savour!

This artists albums are amongst my most played. I must get round to buying some more as I like his music so much.

Thank you too for the compliment, for which I am very grateful for.

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

Thank you  Jack and the coconut is winging it's way to Atlanta for you to savour!

This artists albums are amongst my most played. I must get round to buying some more as I like his music so much.

Thank you too for the compliment, for which I am very grateful for.

Thanks Martyn!  Yeah, I listen to a lot of his songs.  I remember when this song first came out, like in the late 70's? :o  But I was hooked on his clever music ever since.

14 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn!  Yeah, I listen to a lot of his songs.  I remember when this song first came out, like in the late 70's? :o  But I was hooked on his clever music ever since.

I liked him with his previous band too, great musicians. what a fantastic era that was.:rolleyes:

Truly wonderful Martyn. "She who must be obeyed" threatened me if I keep calling her anymore often to look at pictures I may well end up in that Hospital in your:D:D shots. But, I said to her, then you may well end up in that prison. :D All kidding aside Martyn great flight and narrative.

13 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Wow super set of screen shots and well put together but I am afraid I do not know the song I properly will when  someone give the answer  out for I am getting old my self regards stewart

Cheers Stewart.

It is a song from our era, 1980!

53 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Truly wonderful Martyn. "She who must be obeyed" threatened me if I keep calling her anymore often to look at pictures I may well end up in that Hospital in your:D:D shots. But, I said to her, then you may well end up in that prison. :D All kidding aside Martyn great flight and narrative.

Thanks that am I am sorry if I got you into trouble.:ph34r:

Us blokes have to stick together!:P

Looks like I made it a bit hard by not actually quoting some lines from the song.

Jack correctly guessed it is Peter Gabriel's Games Without Frontiers.

The clues were in the title "Its a Knockout" which was the British version of the "Jeux Sans Frontiers" TV show, which translates into Games Without Frontiers.

In shot 2 "Hans plays with Lotte"  and "If looks could kill" are lines from the song 

Finally the comment about the lady not looking Angelic refers to Peter Gabriel and the Angel Gabriel.

Archived